Spot Painting

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

GlassHeadlights

West West Yall
I have two small surface rust spost on my EF Si. I was wondering if there is any way to just sand the two spots then maybe spray painting it over without getting a tape line or anything.

Or maybe I'll seal up thoes spots then get the whole car painted, it could use it.

I'll post pics up of it later.

100_2793.jpg

100_2794.jpg

The bad thing about rust on these cars is that it usually starts from the inside meaning it will come back. Sand it to bare metal and use por15 on the inside and outside of the panel then use body filler or whatever method you choose.

Holy swirls in your paint, Batman!

Anyway, just take some 220 grit or so and get after that. I would advise against using anything more course than that, it'll chew everything up and you're just going to make more work for yourself. Get it down to bare metal and, like stated above, por15 the shit out of it.

Thanks guys.

I know its surface because I can feel behind the spots in the wheel-well and its solid.

So should I spray it, clear coat, wet sand then buff it?

Also should I spray paint it or should I use my spray gun?

Its a Campbell Hausfeld. Its this one.

181636_300.jpg

I would need to practice on it first but no biggie.

The bad thing about rust on these cars is that it usually starts from the inside meaning it will come back. Sand it to bare metal and use por15 on the inside and outside of the panel then use body filler or whatever method you choose.

POR15 is the shizzy follow advice above...
and yeah that gun will do for small jobs.

you can grind it down, skim coat it and paint..just wetsand the lines down and buff out use 1500 0r 2k grit

u could sand it and find the end of thr rust coz if not it will come back,, u do not need to tape it its on the end part of the chassi, just have patience on doing it. i did it on my roof the only thing that differ is my case is fadding and oxidation, heres your step, sand make sure u got the surface smooth and primer then make sure u got the same paint as ur original, then clear coat, if need to practice on a piece of carbord to get ur swing on the spray paint, and buy the attachment gun to hold the can. good luck

Grind off ALL the rust. It's a spot repair so you gotta blend it with the rest of the paint. After you grind off the rust, sand the whole area start with an 80 grit, then 180, then 220 and get it featheredged you can do it either with blocks or a D.A. sander to make it quicker. Once it's all featheredged, scuff a bigger area around it with 400 to get the clear off and tape it off but you'll be painting over a bigger area. Then prime and seal the area, wetsand to perfection with 400-600, and apply original color on top. The area you scuffed should be big enough to have tape lines away from your spot repair and you can just wetsand the whole area to get rid of the lines, then when you put on the clear it'll be good as new since you can always clear over old paint so scuff a larger area up with some 400.

Back