spring install

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

VTECPOWER

installing lowering springs, do i need to decompress the shocks? or will they "shoot" out? im not completely sure how to ask this question

i have done this with out compresing the sping but it takes some time to do you can compress them on the car but it not that easy i have done but i dont suggest that you do it that way

I remove springs all the time without a spring compressor, but it's generally not safe unless you have everything set up to shoot off into the right kind of padding.

:)

If your new springs are short enough, you won't need a spring compressor for installation. I would go ahead and rent one anyway, just in case.

quick ? what if its the whole set up spring and shock the you are replacing to you have to compress the new springs on the new shocks?

If the top hat won't bolt down onto the shock with the new spring on, yes. You won't need to use a compressor to remove any springs though.

I heard you can rent one from pep boys for free.... you just have to leave a deposit?

Back