1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Springs / Shocks

Discussion in 'Wheels / Suspension / Tires / Brakes' started by B-SERIES_BOY, Apr 22, 2003.

1. B-SERIES_BOY

B-SERIES_BOY Junior Member

Any suggestions for a spring, shock combo? I'm looking for something with a zero drop or a little as possible, just a slight increase in spring rate and better shocks. My car is already lowered 1.5 and I don't want to go any lower with a spring shock setup.

Thanks for the help

2. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

if your car is already lowered 1.5"
    then get springs that say they are 1.5" lower and that will put you in the same place you are now

unless you lowered your car somewhere else (custom fabricated new mounting points???) :unsure:

3. sportlinecrx

sportlinecrx Banned

i think he means he is getting new springs and shocks and wants to know which ones will yield the same amount of drop.

eibach pro-kit springs :thumbsup: they give a 1" to 1.5" drop, and are good quality performance springs. for shocks, go with KYB AGX's.

4. B-SERIES_BOY

Sorry I did not explain better. My car (civic eg sedan) is lowered via rear dropped control arms and dropped front suspension forks. I picked this setup because it allowed me to retain factory suspension geometry and my rear conrol arms are camber adjutable.

Now the problen is that the the car is already 1.5 lower and I'm not looking to go any further. The best springs I can find are the H&R OE spring -0.75. If anyone has oher ideas that would be great. If possible I would like to stay at the height I have now just with a slightly increased spring rate.

BTW...If it is relevant I plan on using Koni yellows. Everyone I talk to say they are the best.

Thanks

5. jamiedude

jamiedude Senior Member

take your springs you have now and drive over to the forge shop and tell him how you want it

six hours later you should be happy

6. B-SERIES_BOY

7. liquid00meth

liquid00meth Senior Member

tockico drop kit. comes with everything, works nice.

8. B-SERIES_BOY

I was on Tokico's site and all of their kits for the civic drop the car an extra 1.5 minimum. Thanks though...I did not think of Tokico.

I am beginning to believe there is no factory produced spring - shock setups. One thing I found was a spring distance kit by Weitec. Supposedly they will lift each corner by 20mm. I may try that with the H&R OE Sport springs. I have about another month before I decide so if anyone finds something let me know.

Thanks again for all your input.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted