srs light

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Delsol94

i just completed my steering wheel swap in my delsol, and i removed the airbag obviously in the wheel and my srs light is on, and my question is...is there a way to diable the srs light on my dash and is the passenger airbag still armed?

currently your passenger side airbag will not work

there are several ways to deal with this...
so let me just get a bunch of them out of the way:
1- the airbag is there for your safety... put it back on... if you want something that looks cooler get a JDM ITR wheel with SRS (both airbags will be functional)
2- deal with the light shining as a constant reminder that you have removed a safety feature of the car (drivers airbag still missing, passenger airbag not functional)
3- put some tape over the light (drivers airbag still missing, passenger airbag not functional)
4- put a card or picture int he way of the light (drivers airbag still missing, passenger airbag not functional)
5- remove the bulb (drivers airbag still missing, passenger airbag not functional)
6- buy a steering wheel mount kit with a SRS bypass module (drivers airbag still missing, passenger airbag will be functional)
7- get the proper sized resistor and make your own bypass (drivers airbag still missing, passenger airbag will be functional)

im not going to tell you how to do #7, because of legal bullshit of disabling safety equipment on your vehicle, or you blowing yourself up in the process, or anything else that can possibly go wrong...

but i will tell you that if you were to google "bypass SRS steering wheel", you might find a DIY that has the information you need to know

Last edited:
Back