SRS Light

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

endlesszeal

The other day my SRS light just went off on a 2000 Accord. I went to a shop and the guy suggested I just go to the dealer and check it out. However, the dealers charge so much and Im really broke. Anyone has any clue? Or should I just cough up.

You can take off the airbags and look for like loose wires or something but for the most part what i've seen the plugs and wires are pretty snug. Did you mess with anything lately? Usually the light only comes on when something is not hooked up. If your not good with wiring I would probably just pay the dealer to diagnose what the problem is.

Ben

nope. didnt mess with anything. also, im not to confident about taking the airbag system apart. but thanks for the suggestions.

You should probably just take it in if you don't feel confident in taking off the airbags and checking all the connections. One other thing you could maybe try before you take it to the dealer is to reset the srs light and see if it comes back on.

SRS Reset

Ben

1. remove negative battery terminal

2. unplug airbags (yellow plugs under steering column & under glove box)

3. remove srs bulb from gauge cluster

problem fixed! :D

Originally posted by civicious@Oct 28 2004, 07:19 PM
1. remove negative battery terminal

2. unplug airbags (yellow plugs under steering column & under glove box)

3. remove srs bulb from gauge cluster

problem fixed! :D
[post=408807]Quoted post[/post]​

:no:
NO. that is NOT how disabling air bags is done. if you did it that way, watch your nose.

There are terminators that must be installed on the end of the circuits.

option3 gets an aftermarket steering wheel.. eliminates that one.. get a jdm dash panel raplacement like integs for the passengerside! done! sell bags and brain and make couple hundo!

JDM 00 Accord?? GAY!! Its like taking an Odessey and making it JDM. You JDM Whore!
Anyway, removing the lights and shit is illegal right? Thats what the guy at the shop said. Also, if i reset the SRS light is the illegal? If something is really wrong it would go back on right?

'course it's illegal..you're fucking with safety features.

and thats how i took the airbags outta the fodo...didn't seem to have any problems there :D

I don't think its illegal to reset the srs light. I've done it before with cars i had that had airbags taken out cause even after you put a new bag in you still have to reset the light.

Back