SRS light

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

bryanjenks

I bought a 00' Si, with a D16xx...the originial owner stole the motor...i only paid 3500 for it but my SRS light stays on and I cant use my horn or cruise control...i had a guy look at it and he said its a relay ( he bypassed something and bam it worked, but he didnt leave it bypassed)...I drove cross country w/o the cruise but I'd like to have my horn at least. any ideas?

Probably cable reel related. It sits in between the steering wheel and the steering column and has the wiring for the SRS airbag, cruise control switch, and the horn.

Man that sucks that you have a Si with a d series in it. Hope you get your light fixed

I only paid $3800 for my Si and it has the original motor so i hate to say it but you shouldn't have payed that much.

I replaced the cable reel today and still nothing...when i took off the dash cover under the steering wheel I found two relays, one of which i know is the horn relay...well the local autozone doesnt have one that looks even similar, and I cant find a part number to get one from Honda...My light went out but it might just be cause i reset it thinking that it might need to be reset to make the horn work...any more help would be appreciated..oh and anybody know of a Honda Speciality Shop in Virginia Beach, i just moved here and have to have this darn horn fixed so i can pass the stupid safety inspection before the 24th when my tags run out.

@shank I didnt care what motor was in it cause I am planning on doing a swap to a JDM GSR anyway. And she drove 2323 miles in 2.5 days with no problem.

When you installed the cable reel, did you make sure to turn it clockwise until it stops and then counter clockwise approx. 2.5 turns so that the arrow is facing straight up. Also does the cruise control work now or..

i did not remember to rotate it and no the cruise is still not working...but thr light is still off

i rotated it until it stopped but while i was rotating it i heard a pop, i then rotated it 2.5 times the opposite way and still nothing...does anybody have the part number for the horn and cruise relays...and once i have those replaced what should i look at next, the buttons, or the horn?

so i took it somewhere today and found out that somebody had taken the steering wheel off previously and connected the wires from the horn button incorrectly so when i put them back on how i found them i was wrong...it was the freaking horn, the place i went to wanted to charge me 190 for an electrical diagnostic and relacing the horn...it took 5 mins and 20 bucks

Back