SS AutoChrome Manifolds

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CarAudiophile

Who has acutally seen one of these break or crack?..

I am getting another Car (EG) and plan on doing LS/Boost.. I am kinda on a Bidget with this one since I adding it to my other car so I am looking into these manifolds but I here some horror stories but usually they are stories like "I know this guy who".. Who here actually has ran one and broke one..

Search on H-T... there are actually quite a few people on there who have bought, used, and thrown theirs away. Tons of pictures. If you use one, I would definitely brace it before you mount it.

a guy on the 240 board im on had one.. braced it, and about a year later took it off.

the look inside of it, was just fucking disgusting.

if you're on a budget, I see no reason why a cast manifold won't serve you well. so what if its not equal length- you'll never be making the power level that would even benefit from the equal runners anyway.

i got an SSAutoChrome turbo manifold along with a turbo that i got for atrade on a car (was a cheap car). but anyways, the thing doesnt look that bad. its braced on the backend. it doesnt look bad for a cheap manifold. if you are looking for one, i will sell it to for you for cheap. just PM me. heres a pic of what it looks like:

gallery_16_56_1091404193.jpg

Do you have to use an External Wastegate for that Manifold.. And can't ya just use a block off plate for the wastegate side.. Reason is I am going to use a Internally gated Turbo.. My goal is only 7-10 Psi and around 220whp with this setup.. Its just going to be a cheap build. My B16 hatch is still going to be my main can to build but I am kinda bored and ready to start working on another car.. I found a EG Hatch real cheap with a Bad motor and want to pick it up..

But thanks for the help guys.. I should hopefully be picking this car up real soon.. I found a Bad Block for it I am going to have machined and one of my friends has a 97 LS Head that he is going to let me have for dirt cheap.. Now I just have to find a tranny and What motor Mounts to use are a bunch of other misc. stuff but should be a fun project.

they guy that had it before me, boosted it his car with that manifold at 8psi and had no problems. he said it did well. hell i looked at it and it "seems" solid to me.

heres a pic of the backside of the manifold. you can seee the braces on it:

gallery_16_56_1091404157.jpg

heres a side shot for ya:

gallery_16_56_1091404124.jpg

Hey man,

I was recently on a budget turbo set up and bought that manifold.. Let me tell you, I thought It was atleast hold me for a little while but when I received the manifold in the mail and saw the craftmanship of the manifold was sooo shitty..

I didn't even want to put it on my car, and the braces they put on there are still shit..

Don't even buy it try something else. Not worth it you will be very disappointed.

Also like around where the collector was they had spaces in between the welds, where I guess they forgot

Shows how much they are out just to make money and not a value product

I am waiting from a Call from Turbonetics to give me a price for their Tubular Manifold.. I may just go that way.. I can get Turbonetics direct from them because I work at a Shop that does both Audio and some perfomance so I can just use my Store ID# and get wholesale on that part.. So I am going to wait to see what kinda deal they will cut me on a Small T3 and their manifold..

I have heard good things on their manifolds.. I mean I am not looking for a 450-500hp monster.. Just a reliable 220whp car to toy around the town in, while the EF is getting Stripped and redone.. I still like my Vtec but I don't wanna boost the EF..

im all honesty, if i was looking for a 200 hp b16, i'd buy a drag mani off ebay for 75 bucks.

i personally saw one of these manifolds go to shit on a friends h22 lude at only 6.5 psi: cracks, boost creap, and he had to cut some of his block to get a t3/to4e on it. I'd never even risk these things, if you don;t have the money, don't do it, save up and do it later

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Aug 27 2004, 11:14 AM
im all honesty, if i was looking for a 200 hp b16, i'd buy a drag mani off ebay for 75 bucks.
[post=382685]Quoted post[/post]​

This is for a LS but it should be the same Manifold.. And these Drag Manifolds you speak of.. Any info on them?..

I am still keeping the EF with a B16 but now I also want a LS Boosted EG.. This is an idea of mine after finding a EG in good shape with a bad motor for 800 bucks.. I want to pick this thing up.. But I just want to toy around with it.. And I can find Cheap LS Motors everywhere around here that are bad to rebuild for cheap.. And I know I just wouldn't be happy with a straigh LS so I want to run a little Boost on her. Its damn addictive.. I am just scared that when I get her up and running the EF is gonna collect dust.. Or I may just sell her..

drag mannis are garbage.. they are prone to cracking, and they are quite possibly the worst designed ive ever seen (the wastegate placement is horrid) . pretty much any other cast manni is fine tho (fmax, revhard, inline pro, etc)

yes drag manis suck- but they are better than SS autoshits, and used rev hards, inline pros, etc are not 75 bucks.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Aug 31 2004, 12:42 PM
thats stupid too.

having a 1200 manifold on a 250 hp car is fucking pointless and a waste of cash
[post=384269]Quoted post[/post]​

Get the LoveFab SHorty - msrp 350$ or mini me $650. I know full race is more expensive but figured i'd mention it since they are the highest quality manifolds out there.

He could also try South Florida Performance, but i dont know their prices.

Back