stabilizer bars

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

4DRonDUBS

Do stabilizer bars make a great improvment in a 92 civics handling...

i was having major problems with understeering in my 95 coupe. after adding a rear sabilizer from an integra, I noticed a huge difference. it's a really cheap add-on - the sway bar can be had for ~$15 on ebay, and the LCAs for a similar price.

Originally posted by PhyRe@Sep 29 2004, 07:37 AM
the sway bar can be had for ~$15 on ebay, and the LCAs for a similar price.

are the ebay ones worth it tho? are they good quality?
[post=396171]Quoted post[/post]​

I'm talking about OEM integra sway bars. the quality is top notch like everything else honda makes.

and regardless, all it is is a bar.

90% of them are the same shit, paying for the name more than anything.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Oct 4 2004, 12:47 PM
and regardless, all it is is a bar.

90% of them are the same shit, paying for the name more than anything.
[post=398035]Quoted post[/post]​

Yea and no. Sometimes, if your looking for a certian size, you must go with a certian brand. I am pretty sure that Nuespeed is the only brand that sells bigger bars for the EF's. Mugen is known for the 26mm rear, ITR is the 22/23 mm bars, ect. Also, some brands use diffrent mounting points like on the Progress bar, mounts to the LCA where the shocks do, instead of in the center of the LCA like the ITR and other OEM's do. Finally, there's brands like the Skunk2's swaybar that just sucks because the attachment point on the subframe is a decent distance away from the actual bar, so it puts alot more force on the area, ripping the subframe out, EVEN when you use their coilovers with the recommended drop.

suspension techniques makes a bar for EF's as well. front and rear.

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi@Oct 4 2004, 02:58 PM
suspension techniques makes a bar for EF's as well. front and rear.
[post=398072]Quoted post[/post]​

yea, but the nuespeed is bigger (I believe the nuespeed EF bar is 22mm, which is huge for those cars) however, remember, bigger isn't always better

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi@Oct 4 2004, 04:30 PM
the ST bar is 22mm as well
[post=398123]Quoted post[/post]​

cool. Plus, since its not nuespeed, its probally actually affordable.

yea they are reasonable, i havent looked for a while but i THINK i remember seeing a set of front and rear for 250. i dont know. id only be interested in the rear anyway.

why not simply buy an OE ITR 22mm bar from Acura for $65? You can get poly bushings from Pep Boys or any other rice retailer for a nominal amount and save considerable $$$$$ over buying an aftermarket bar.

I can't imagine having anything bigger than a 22mm on an EG where no bar existed before.

Back