staggered fitment...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mi1av0ng

This may sound really, really stupid but I was always curious, what would happen if you ran a staggered application on a FWD vehicle. NOW BEFORE YOU BASH ME I don't mean wider in the back, but wider tires on the FRONT WHEELS. So lets say something along the lines of 195/40/16 on the back and 205/40/16 on the front.

Flames suit is zipped up and ready to go...

It's been done already. I believe J's Racing CRX has staggered tires, and the Falken Drift Civic indefinitely has staggered wheels.

whew ok... so what would be the benefit of running that type of staggered application on a FWD vehicle? reduced understeer?

I guess so; create more of a neutral feel with the rears breaking out almost as much as the front.

Gives the front more traction. I'm considering running spacers up front, with same size wheels and tires to give a similar effect. I hear doing staggered/wider front track has quite a noticeable difference in handling.

You have a sol too b16? do you mind posting your setup? Im thinking about just building and boosting my z6 but everyone was like you should just swap in a b-series, boost it and call it a day. I keep hearing conflicting stories about how going the SOHC route is cheaper. So I'm looking for a little input, also is yours a DD or track car?

Just a stock B16 right now with boltons and CTR cams. Makes 174whp, not too bad. I'm building a B18C for it. I'm not into boosting it, for honda's I like to stay NA. :) It is a track car, it has a full cage and no interior so DD would suck ass :p I would agree, boosting a D series would be cheaper, but I don't know much about boosting them.

Back