1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stainless Brake Lines?

Discussion in 'Wheels / Suspension / Tires / Brakes' started by wanderinman, May 8, 2005.

1. wanderinman

wanderinman Senior Member

I am currently building my integra, and as far as brakes go I am done. However, I've seen a number of people running stainless lines, I remember them being bad news on a 4x4, but they seem like a good idea on a street car. Can someone tell me if they noticed a difference in the pedal feel going from OE to SS brake lines?

2. cycloneb18c3

cycloneb18c3 Senior Member

I have them(ss) on my 4x4 F150, which i lifted, and I noticed a small difference. the pedal doesnt get AS mushy as it would after using the brakes a lot.

3. dohcvtec_accord

dohcvtec_accord WRX Sellout

Yes, they definitely help, especially when you run some upgraded fluid. I'm running some stainless lines and Motul RBF600, and while it's not very noticeable during daily driving, it was extremely noticeable for a lapping session at my local track. I experienced no brake fade, and after many laps, my car was still stopping just as well as the first few laps.

4. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

rubber flexes and balloons out. steel, well, doesn't.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted