stainless JDM ITR 4-1 header?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

GSRCRXsi

Super Moderator
VIP
i came across this and found it intriguing.

http://www.streetimports.com/product_details.asp?id=409

if this has the exact same fitment and dimensions as the real itr 4-1, then this is quite a find. not only is it stainless, which means no rusting, its also cheaper then the real ITR (new around 350-400 bucks). and if it has the same dimensions then it would fit the best of any 4-1 header out there. and would make good power for the money.

let me know what everyone thinks about this? i dont know if its the EXACT same but it sure as hell looks the same. maybe its just crommed? but then again you can see the discoloration of the metal from being welded. hmmmmm....

Originally posted by nfn15037@Sep 21 2004, 09:48 PM
The JDM ITR header is stainless steel already....
[post=393251]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah but hmotorsonline charges 350 bucks for it.

fuckin badass find GSR :thumbsup:

*bookmarks page*

also some decent prices on other thigns especially the intercoolers.....not much to pick from overall but whatthey do have is priced right. Good find mang

Originally posted by nfn15037@Sep 21 2004, 10:48 PM

no its not. if it was stainless it wouldnt rust like a bitch like every JDM ITR header ive ever seen (minus the ones that were ceramic coated)

and i found a page about the headers on honda-tech

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=966076

quality is shitty at best. good price, and good customer service it seems, but the welds and craftsmanship is just horrible. there were people that had the ports not lining up, bolt holes not lining up and welds that protruded into the header itself where it would obviously affect the way things are flowing in there. :thumbsdown: from me. :(

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi+Sep 22 2004, 12:09 AM-->
@Sep 21 2004, 10:48 PM

no its not. if it was stainless it wouldnt rust like a bitch like every JDM ITR header ive ever seen (minus the ones that were ceramic coated)
[post=393316]Quoted post[/post]​

There are different types of stainless. Yes, it forms a protective layer of oxidation, but it will never ever rust through like the shitty mild steel with ceramic coating ones will. At any rate, it IS stainless, just not the bling stainless you are thinking of.

Back