1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

stainless JDM ITR 4-1 header?

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by GSRCRXsi, Sep 21, 2004.

1. GSRCRXsi

GSRCRXsi Super Moderator Moderator VIP

i came across this and found it intriguing.

http://www.streetimports.com/product_details.asp?id=409

if this has the exact same fitment and dimensions as the real itr 4-1, then this is quite a find. not only is it stainless, which means no rusting, its also cheaper then the real ITR (new around 350-400 bucks). and if it has the same dimensions then it would fit the best of any 4-1 header out there. and would make good power for the money.

let me know what everyone thinks about this? i dont know if its the EXACT same but it sure as hell looks the same. maybe its just crommed? but then again you can see the discoloration of the metal from being welded. hmmmmm....

2. nfn15037

nfn15037 Senior Member

The JDM ITR header is stainless steel already....

3. jamesA

jamesA Well known pissed off telephone guy VIP

Yeah but hmotorsonline charges 350 bucks for it.

fuckin badass find GSR :thumbsup:

*bookmarks page*

4. driver1

driver1 Senior Member

also some decent prices on other thigns especially the intercoolers.....not much to pick from overall but whatthey do have is priced right. Good find mang

5. GSRCRXsi

no its not. if it was stainless it wouldnt rust like a bitch like every JDM ITR header ive ever seen (minus the ones that were ceramic coated)

6. GSRCRXsi

and i found a page about the headers on honda-tech

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=966076

quality is shitty at best. good price, and good customer service it seems, but the welds and craftsmanship is just horrible. there were people that had the ports not lining up, bolt holes not lining up and welds that protruded into the header itself where it would obviously affect the way things are flowing in there. :thumbsdown: from me. :(

7. nfn15037

nfn15037 Senior Member

There are different types of stainless. Yes, it forms a protective layer of oxidation, but it will never ever rust through like the shitty mild steel with ceramic coating ones will. At any rate, it IS stainless, just not the bling stainless you are thinking of.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted