stalls durring burnout...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

PUREKDM

so yea my integra runs and drives great all day every day but yesterday i just tried lighting the tires up a little and the check engine light went on and the car instantly died, wouldn't start for 2 minutes, then started and ran fine. I was pretty confused so later that night (stupidly) i tried a "mini" burnout and it had the same result. I am done with the burnouts and my car runs fine...so any ideas whats up? Thanks in advance!!

do it again and make it throw the code. then pull the code. it'a about the only way to help.

im gonna guess ELD? i cant think of anything else. as nick said...pull the codes and find out.

the light goes on as the car dies...then 20 seconds later when i start the car, it's fine so idk how i would pull the code while this happens (literally a 3 second or less event)...im cornfused...my friend thinks it's the distributor...we looked at it and one of the wires wasn't even on...fixed that, and it did it again...im sure it helped me putting the wire on but didn't solve the problem...today i raced some piece of shit jetta (and killed him) but the incident happened again...except while driving...i think i may have brushed the rev limiter...then it kinda all made sense...i think i've come to the conclusion that it has something to do with the rev limiter...but no clue what or how to fix it for that matter...

anyone know anything about "safe mode" a kid with an s2k hopped in my car and i showed him what happens...he thinks thats what it is...any insite on that anyone?

Back