Stand alone Fuel management system,

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Sergey P.A.

ok my friend has a boosted stock B16, the internals are stock, so he has a stand alone fuel management system, he says that this is the best thing to use cuz it saves up the engine internals, so he runs like 9 or 10 psi, so probably he is making around 250 to the wheels since he beats corvetes,

but any ways, my question is what a stand alone Fuel management system does, and what you use it for, and is this system any good on a B16,

:huh:

yea..hell be able to fine tune (of course w/ a dyno) ! id love to go stand alone its just a lil too much for me at the moment!

When going full race (or even serious street)... I've heard that the only way to go is a stand-alone. You can tune the hell out of it. I know AEM makes a nice unit. Anyone know of others?

I don't know what he got, but he paid only 700 $ or 800$ for it, with all the software and stuff,

My dads buddy is a Computer prefessor at a school here in columbus and a gear head. He told me that one of his student made a stand alone with a lap-top computer and the Snap-on diagnostic program and put it on his new hemi truck. He sais he could do it for me if I can get him a copy of the Snap-on disk for my car. but I don't think it can be done since I have a 89 OBD-0 ECU. HE is going to build one for his Hyabusa, I can wait to see that.

A true Stand-alone, or a Piggy-back? Either way a Stand-alone is the only way to go (in my opinion). The tuning capabilities are enormous...
The choice around here seems to be Hondata (which is what is going in my car). It will allow you to remove and add functions to your ecu, as well as adjusting the fuel, and spark. It can handle up to 29psi, and the price for a stage2 is around 300+the boost option 200=about 500 for the whole package.

Back