starting problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

gsrhatch

Ok i have a problem,

I have a 93 hatchback with a GSR motor.. Recently ive been having starting problems. Sometimes it will start and then sometimes it wont. I have to push start it most of the time. It doesnt turn over or do anythign when i turn the key. I took the starter out and got it tested and it seems to be working fine but they cannot test for a dead spot. It also has an alarm could that be a problem? Like killing the ignition somewhere ? Does anybody have any helpful information or ideas on what it could be ? I would really appreciate it cause this is a problem, Thank you.

you gotta give a more detailed description of what's going on yo.

does it crank? do you have spark? does the starter spin but not crank the motor?

could be immobilizer. could be failure of ignition system component. could be teeth on the flywheel are stripped off. could be a faulty starter solinoid. could be main relay.

It doesnt crank at all. The starter doesnt spin or do anything. The key just clicks and it almost sounds like a dead battery but sometimes if you sit there for a few seconds holding the key on start, itll start. Sometimes it wont.

Thankx for your help

check that your clutch pedal is going all the way down, and pushing the switch. maybe try getting a new starter? sounds like everything else should be fine if push starting it works every time. if it's not the starter, ur gonna have to start checking continutity from the underhood fuse box to the ignition switch, etc etc. try the easy things first. then we'll c. g'luck!

Back