Starting Turbo

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

B16 N2O CRX

ok with my b16 setup my compression is to high to run any more than about 5lbs of boost .. id like to know what all i could to to lower the compression and be able to run a little bit more than 5lbs of boost .. anyone have any ideas??

A thicker head gasket is about the worst way to do it because you lose your quench area clearances. If you want boost, undo whatever you did to increase your compression. What's your setup, anyway?

b16 .. skunk2 stage 2 cams, hayame cam gears, aem intake, mugen chip, neuspeed sway bars, thermal 2 1/4" exhaust, zex nitrous kit,

Originally posted by B16 N2O CRX@Nov 30 2003, 12:43 PM
b16 .. skunk2 stage 2 cams, hayame cam gears, aem intake, mugen chip, neuspeed sway bars, thermal 2 1/4" exhaust, zex nitrous kit,

Did u get any other valve-train componets to go along with that, or just a cam, most of time Skunk 2 reccomends upagradeing your entire valvetrain if you get stage 2... oh and a swap bar doesnt count as a performance part :D

sway bar? It counts as a suspension upgrade, so in a way it is performance

Anyway, keep everything you got and just replace the pistns with some low comp and some eagle rods, I've heard so many things about block guards but since you'll be in there anyway throw it in. Now up top if you haven't already upgraded that valvetrain do it. Just that will cost you like a"g", then i'd reccomend a t3 and a good fmic intercooler, and a hondata system with boost plus all the piping and etc. You can push at least 12 lbs with that. Stock internals can handle about 8 pis froma t3 so if thats all your plannng on running disregard everything i said besides pistons and valvletrain.

and i also do have skunk 2 valves and retainers.... forgot to mention that :worthy:

Back