Starts up like a turbocharged

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

N/A b18c1

Mysterious
I lended my brother my car with a B18C1 motor...when i got it back i start it up and seems like my piston rings are fried....Starts up like a turbocharged engine...The WHOLE complete engine shakes like crazy(at start up/running...but once in gear it runs but no power...u can hear vtec but other than that no power....SOMEONE PLEASE HELP....

Drop in a civic coupe...

kinda sounds like your alternator is bad....from wat u said bbecause it isnt getting enough power to run it....maybe not just trying to help

well the belt on the alternator is kinda bad...has cracks in the grooves...and when i give gas a little, the car sounds like it has about 12 pounds of boost...another question is...IS IT drivable?

Basicly when u start the car...A very low start tone...the engine shakes like all the motor mounts are totally loose...they are not...ive checked...mmm...and once u start going from 1st gear to the rest feels like a turbocharge engine which everything is STOCK...except some aftermarket FPR, adjustable cams, Clutch stage 2, intake...its been running great for the last past 6 years with this motor...and now this...its been raced and pulled alot...through out my brother years of having this engine... I WASNT THE DRIVER atm...so i dont know...

if u need clearer statement, i cant make it clearer then it is....it just rocks back and forth hard (shaking) but when in drive mode, its smooth and feels like it has turbo but it doesnt...

Last edited:
sounds like a vaccum leak,/blown intake gasket. but a better desciption is a must. "feels like its turbocharged" means nothing. Evry turbo car I have drivin seems like a N/A car in terms of smoothness.

For a vac. leak, u can check with carb cleaner/brake cleaner/ flammable spray. spray by hoses, intake mani/ anything involving the intake with the car runing. If you come across a spot where it jumps, thats your leak.

werd to the leak down test...id check that and compression before moving further.

Back