1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steel Brake Lines ?

Discussion in 'Wheels / Suspension / Tires / Brakes' started by Bl6CRX, Mar 25, 2004.

1. Bl6CRX

Bl6CRX Senior Member

whats guys, im gonna by some steel braided brake lines for my 91 crx hf but i wanted to make sure about a couple things, i'll be running a 97 ex mc and booster with 90-93 integra calipers/rotors and and crx si disks in the back, so i was wondering what kit to buy. I have heard that all the fittings are the same and so preety much any like 88-00 civic/teg kit kit will work, is this true? now i know the exception is with the rear drum/disk brakes so i am looking to buy one for a car with the 4 wheel disks. HOWEVER, i do not as of yet have the rear disks so I was also wondering if it would be a problem to buy the 4 wheel disck kit and just not install the rear lines for a bit? Thanks!

2. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

The MC and soft brake lines don't touch each other. But I believe all the brake line fittings are hte same size, just different lengths.

3. Bl6CRX

Bl6CRX Senior Member

damn good point, for some reason i just assumed id be replacing the entire line from MC to caliper, ok then so what kit should i get?

4. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

The ones for the brakes.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted