steps to painting car

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

painting

I just finished painting my civic a dark matallic blue it used to be red untill someone decided to key the shit out of it and stole my subwoffer anyway,just sand down the clear coat and the black paint untill its like a dull black the final sanding can be a 320 grit before u lay down paint u need to mix the paint with thinner and a harding agent before u spray though also some anti fisheye is a good idea. talk to a body shop or paint supply store if u need advice they should help u out good luck painting a car is alot of work to get it to turn out right but if you reserch enough and take your time u should be finejust rember you can always sand it back off and start fresh. my car looks bitchn Ill postsome pictures asap:)

WOW!!! all of you are close... well most but, none are correct. if you just want to paint the car so its all matching you do not need to sand off the clear coat or old paint. if theres no dents or bad scratches all you need to do is take a red scuff pad and sand the whole car with it untill its all dull, NO Shiney! or you can D.A. it with 600-800 that would get any scratches out. tape it, go to the paint supply store and get some wax and grease remover and wipe the whole car down with that use one rag to to wipe it on heavy and then use a dry paper towel over the wet area to get all dirt dust and crap off. then paint, make sure you get a tack rag for inbetween coats. by myself i could get a car read to paint in about 6-7 hours (roughly) with no body work. i work in at a ford dealership in the body shop i fix and prep cars all day. make sure its warm where your painting also it will make things go more smoothly. good luck!

I'd warn against someone from ANYTHING to do with an F-word that uses abnormally large font in forums. Steer Clear!:hmm: :poke: :nutkick: :boxing: :lmao:

Back