Steve, need an opinion.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Rust spots in that car ? They are everywhere.

A few items; That top isn't an original off the line ASC. It may be factory installed, but ASC only cut black roofs for it.

Watch the electrical . Inspect the wiring in the trunk to make sure it doesn' tfall out of it's clips (Like when people put speakers in). They are very close to the scissors lifts.

The seats aren't really factory seats. They have different rails to clear the frame gussets. Those rails are hand made, and could be rusty.

This looks like a spectacular car. If I can sell my CRX I found a mint little 84 Celica GTS Lift near me I wanna pick up. Oh, one of the most common spots is under the radiator. That's not a "regional" thing, it's a pool of water that will rub out the radiator core. No biggy, but rust is a cancer and it will spread . Check strut tower bars (Not common, but disasterous)

On second review, regardless of the problems: Buy it. Just to say you had one. They are fun cars, head turners and really nice to drive and own. They are NOT performance cars. The frame rails that ASC added are really heavy, and it will slide around any corner. If it's autotragic, then keep care of the transmission. The TC is delicate and needs proper lube. Most of them are autos. But you can tell if it has any vacuum leak by how hard it shifts in "norm" compared to hard it shifts in "power". IT will shift differently, of course, but Power is supposed to shift hard, because it ignores vacuum inputs. Normal is how it's supposed to shift.

Back