Sticker on GSR..what does it mean?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

truoss

There is a white sticker on the side of my new GSR engine and it says 101300km on it. Does this mean that my engine has over 60,000 miles on it? I hope not...

Thanks,
Truoss

Originally posted by truoss@Dec 24 2003, 06:41 PM
There is a white sticker on the side of my new GSR engine and it says 101300km on it. Does this mean that my engine has over 60,000 miles on it? I hope not...

Thanks,
Truoss

Why not, 60,000 ain't shit on a Honda motor.

Just broken in??? For $3300 I would hope for an engine with less than 60,000 miles! I feel cheated.

It was shipped from Canada...how was I supposed to know. The guy said his engines typically have 10-35k miles on them.

they all say shit like that,

one of friends got a H22a from Japan and it supposed to have around 30miles on it,

so his engine had 60miles on it and it was an H22 a USDM one, so he took the valve cap off his nad swaped with a JDM one so underneath JDM valve cap it seemed like it had 130,000miles on it not 30,000

and the reason he swaped the engines is because he messed it up....

Originally posted by truoss@Dec 24 2003, 08:56 PM
Just broken in??? For $3300 I would hope for an engine with less than 60,000 miles! I feel cheated.

Hate to tell you, but 3300 seems right around normal price for a GSR motor with 60,000. Dont worry the price and motor are fine bro

Originally posted by truoss@Dec 25 2003, 03:01 AM
It was shipped from Canada...how was I supposed to know. The guy said his engines typically have 10-35k miles on them.

I's called a sales technique, that don't actually have to be less than anything if they say typically. And don't worry, mine had just over 70,000 on it and runs like a champ.

You all need to shop around more before buying an engine, $3300 for a GSR engine with 60k+ is no deal, it's not out and out rape either, but it sure ain't a deal. If you do your homework and are patient you can get motors that truely are low milage. Get in touch with your local importer and ask for copies of the shipping manifests, it usually has the vin #'s of the clips. With the vin #'s milage can be checked. I am not pretending that this is easy, but by going this route I bought a 2000 ITR B18C swap with 21K Kilomteters for $3700. I also insisted on being present whan the conainer arrived so that I could check the odometer in the car and the VIN. It all matched up. I also got the trans(LSD), ecu, pedal assembly, brake master, brake distrubution block, intake (Filter assembly), and axles included.

The point is be patient and thorough, it will pay off. I went thru 5 bullshit (Milage) deals before I got what I wanted.

Happy Hunting!!!

It is a commonly known thing in the importing buisness that you are supposed to say that every motor that comes out of japan has around 35000 miles. In reality they are closer to 70000-100000 miles. If the number didn't say km after it, I would suggest that it was just a stock number, as a lot of the engines at my friends import shop have some number like 101586 written on it as a stock number. Just be careful in what you buy...

Back