Still Burning Oil After New Head Hasket, Help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Ok, so before you did the headgasket, was the oil looking milky? Because if it wasn't, and the compression was fine, it seemingly sounded pointless. I am guessing your rings are bad because like lsvtec said, the car won't smoke at idle, and it will smoke as you go along, which matches the same symptons of you your car. The only way for oil to burn is if it gets into the combustion chamber and since you are running out of oil that has to be the problem and the seals sound fine from what was said about burning situations with them. Check the coolanat levels and make sure they aren't low because there could be a crack in the block where it could be allowed into the combustion chamaber. I would also suggest even having a professional mechanic look at it if you can't solve the problem.

Originally posted by Slammed89Integra@Jun 7 2003, 10:17 PM
Ok, so before you did the headgasket, was the oil looking milky? Because if it wasn't, and the compression was fine, it seemingly sounded pointless. I am guessing your rings are bad because like lsvtec said, the car won't smoke at idle, and it will smoke as you go along, which matches the same symptons of you your car. The only way for oil to burn is if it gets into the combustion chamber and since you are running out of oil that has to be the problem and the seals sound fine from what was said about burning situations with them. Check the coolanat levels and make sure they aren't low because there could be a crack in the block where it could be allowed into the combustion chamaber. I would also suggest even having a professional mechanic look at it if you can't solve the problem.

evan if it has good compression it can still have bad ring? the oil wasnt milky but when i took the head off there was alot of oil on the cylinder walls, not shure how mutch oil there should be there, but it seemed like alot to me. the coolant level stays the same, i checked the block before i put it back together, and from what i could tell it wasnt cracked. thanks for the help BTW.

If you're getting white smoke (not blue/gray) Then you are burning coolant or another source of mositure. The head probably installed incorrectly or you have a bad head.

hey i'm having the same kind of problem...swapped a jdm b16, smoke started coming out of the tail pipe like yours. My c/r was 200+ all the way too, my spark plugs at first checked had oil on it...especially the one closest to the cam gears...checked 2nd time today...normal signs..but still had little oil on threads. Also the smoke still comes...but only saw it do it once today. it was greyish white smoke...also my radiator foams...meaning some sort of leakage..i'm going to replace the head gasket and see whats up...you should check your radiator too...with the cap off...and start your car to see if it foams bubbles...if it does you have a leakage where exhaust gases are getting into the coolent or something. keep me posted on your situation and i'll let you know what happens when i get my head gasket replaced.

Back