1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

still wont @#*$%# start

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by sevenhillsbilly, May 10, 2009.

1. sevenhillsbilly

sevenhillsbilly New Member

i am nearing the end on my z6a6 mini me build and i cant get it to start. my first dizzy had weak spark so i changed the coil now i have no spark. and now i have no fuel either. i have fuel to the rail but no fuel in the cylinders. i rewired the dizzy from the hf harness to an obd1 clips and they are all correct. i may be missing a simple thing but i dont know. could it be the ecu? could it be a bad resistor box for my injectors or is it because im using obd0 injectors with an obd1 ecu? if anyone in the cleveland area can come take a look at it it would be even better.

2. sevenhillsbilly

anyone?

3. Fernpatch

Fernpatch Member

Try a new distributor, it sounds like yours took a crap.

4. sevenhillsbilly

5. jlicrx

jlicrx Senior Member

you say you have an HF engine harness, correct? - is the car an HF with HF chassis harness? - the HF engine harness will not work with Si chassis harness

6. sevenhillsbilly

yes i used the hf harness with my hf car i know the si wont work the main connectors are on the drivers side. the only thing i can think of for the no spark is the wires that i crimped toghether may have come loose or the jumper harness isnt working. as far as the injectors is the obd0 inj with the obd1 ecu

7. kg728

kg728 Member

Aren't you supposed to bypass the resistor box if you want vtec to ever kick in?

8. K2e2vin

K2e2vin Senior Member

No, the resistor box only relates to the fuel injector.

I'd say check the ECU and the fuses.

9. GlassHeadlights

GlassHeadlights West West Yall

I have the exact same swap. Mine never had spark until I swapped out the coil. Also check the little control module in the dizzy, they fail as much as the coils do.

10. sevenhillsbilly

well i tryed the coil in my other dizzy but i mite of burnt out the ignighter in that one so who knows ill will change my coil and then give it a try.
    andi already checked all my fuses they are all good. i swaped out my old hf ecu and still no fuel so i have no clue bout that.

11. sevenhillsbilly

ok so i did the coil still no spark... the only thing i can think of is a bad ecu because it is gettings no spark or fuel .

12. thirteen_20

thirteen_20 EF Tuner

check the main relay, it's a B*TCH to get to on the EF chassis. try taking off the drivers sid panel on the end of the dash, where the door closes. it might be a little easier. that's what it sounds like to me...

13. sevenhillsbilly

already replaced it once i will find another one and we will see how that goes

14. thirteen_20

thirteen_20 EF Tuner

btw, where did you find pinouts for the dizzy plugs? i have the same problem you are having. mine is something in the distributor.

15. sevenhillsbilly

i have it when i got my jumper harness ill send em to you when i find the paper its in my garage somewhere and im gunna go for a third main relay this week

16. nofxSOHCcrx

nofxSOHCcrx New Member

Before you buy a new Main Relay, take it apart and look at the soldering on the circuit board. They tend to crack and don't get a good connection. If they're cracked, remove the old solder, and re-solder. Good as new.

17. thirteen_20

thirteen_20 EF Tuner

hey, sevenhills, pm'd

18. boosted97spyder

boosted97spyder New Member

did you ever resolve your no fuel in the cylinder problem im having the same problem on my ef

19. MissMyDA

MissMyDA New Member

old title but never resolved. The awnser is in the question, if you have spark with one coil and none with the other, then the problem is with the new coil or the re-wire on the dizzy. ECU is fine, resistor box is fine (box only matters when changing obd0/obd1 to obd2)

No fuel pulse is a no CMP (cam position sensor, located inside honda dizzy) signal to ecu so ecu is not firing injectors. Go back to weak dizzy to confirm fuel.

new dosen't alwase mean good. re-man'd are even worse. Used known good part is best.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted