stock b16a2

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tokoam

Well i was continplating on going boost but nothing more than 6 psi from what i hear is safe on a b16a2jdm i just wanted to hear everyones taughts and options on this

there are guys running 20 psi on stock internals.
there are guys running 5 psi on stock internals.

and ya know what? some blow up, others don't- regardless of the setting they are at.
the walls and pistons melt or crack because of detonation. detonation comes from poor fueling, and improper timing.

if you want to run 7 psi, i recommend you look into some fuel management. the VAFC hack or even better, a hondata system.
IMO, an FMU at more than 6psi pushes the limits.

take your average 12:1 fmu.
what that means is, it increases fuel pressure 12 times for every 1 psi of boost.
stock rail pressure is roughly 40 psi.
6psi of boost x 12 from the fmu =9 6 + 40 stock rail pressure = 136 psi of rail pressure. That my friend, is a lot. Remeber, PRESSURE is NOT VOLUME. ading pressure can only take you so far. Your car needs fuel- not a little bit shoved in faster to act like its getting more. at low psi, the fmu is fine, because you aren't skyrocketing the fuel pressure.
but, when you start going higher, its better to do it on a more correct level- larger injectors, near stock rail pressure, and something to control the larger injectors so you can still idle the car and not flood. a vafc or a hondata system will allow that.

on top of all that, you need a pump that will supply either setup with the proper fuel to deal with in the first place.

going boost isn't easy- but if you have a decent budget, and don't rush things, you can have a well running car

man, pissedoffsol, i hope u r good for your words cau8se when im ready to do my setup i dont care if i have to go over your house and wake you up out of bed. you are the man that can help me. you know ur shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :D

lol- relax dude.

the thing is, other's dsagree with me. Lcoc Honkey for instance has ran 10 psi on an FMU for a long ass time.

But, be that as it may- he was living in vermont at the time- not so cal.... and heat = detonation. im sure it plays at least a little into it.

take everything here with a grain of salt. the knowledge is out there- you just need the time and ambition to follow it

so what should me and tokoam get. a VAFC controller, aem fuelrail, 370 injectors, holly fuel pump (the turbo kit comes with a fuel pump alreadybut this is for under the hood), and to get the car dynoed the right way.

Originally posted by R.E.Developement@Sep 3 2003, 06:41 PM
man, pissedoffsol, i hope u r good for your words cau8se when im ready to do my setup i dont care if i have to go over your house and wake you up out of bed. you are the man that can help me. you know ur shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :D

he may know the internals and the shit to get, But I hope you can do the grunt work I.E. EVERYTHING :)

Back