stock Clutches.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

erikespo

How much HP and Torque is the oem clutch rated to handle for a 1988 crx dx

thanks.. just want to know if i can still use the oem clutch for the d16z6 swap..

Still debating on if i should get something that can handle more.

I think i'll stick with OEM cause if I turbo I am going to want a different tranny

which btw can anyone tell me if the differential from an auto 1993 civic ex tranny can be put in my manual 88 crx dx tranny

I guess i am good till i turbo.. :)

lol, 175 ft lbs on a D is a chore anyway. Maybe 150 I still don't know the D's well.

But I don't think the differential will fit either. Of course I'm probably wrong because I still don't know shit about the D's. I would just assume no because the Auto has to have a lot different internals than the 5 speed.

Originally posted by Calesta@Mar 2 2005, 10:18 AM
It might hold 175hp, but it sure as hell won't hold 175lbft.
[post=468140]Quoted post[/post]​

175ft/lbs might be hard on a d16, but 175HP is not hard with a turbo I am going to go with the 175 HP rating cause it is a small clutch 997LB pressure clutch too so it could use more grip

175lbft is easy to get on a D with a turbo. Most clutches are rated by the torque value they can hold, not power level. An OEM strength clutch won't hold turbo torque levels for very long- trust me.

No clue on the auto -> manual diff swap.

yea BBKA makes 203 ftlbs with his z6.

yes it can be done.

If your thinking about picking up a clutch. I'd say go with an Exedy, they are cheap, good and reliable clutches. Then you can pick the one which can suit your needs. I believe mine is rated at 275 or something, but it's for a B.

Originally posted by erikespo@Mar 2 2005, 05:36 AM
How much HP and Torque is the oem clutch rated to handle for a 1988 crx dx
[post=468081]Quoted post[/post]​

that engine swap is the one im doing on an si and it said use si trans an clutch

I would just buy a performance clutch. Its hell of a lot easier to put in a clutch when you are doing an engine swap, than risking it with a stock clutch and having to replace it several months later.

Back