Stock FPR

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

99sidude

VIP
I have a 190 lph fuel pump in my sc'ed gsr hatch. The tune I am running is set up for stock fuel pressure, which is like 46 psi or something. My car has been running like shit because the fuel pressure is like 64 psi. I have an oem FPR. I replaced it once again with a unit from the junk yard and it is still getting way too much pressure.

Are the oem fpr's garbage when you have a fuel pump putting out alot more volume, or is it just bad luck with fpr's? I'd hate to spend the money on an adjustable unit.

I may have answered my own question with this one. They say to use the B&M modifier kit on a stock fpr the and drill a small hole in it to allow for more flow. Has anyone tried this? Any input out there?

The Old One - Energy Dynamics : Articles

What are you other guys with high hp honda's doing for a fuel pressure regulator?

i seen that on honda tech the write up on it looked to be pretty true and to the point but there was a note to becarefull of making the hole to big
i just tryed to find the write up on it but i couldn't

I ordered the B&M adjuster thing from summit. In the mean time, I just drilled the hole in one that I already have. It did nothing, but made it considerably better at cruising speed. Unfortunately, now it's falling on its face and misfires alot once I take it into vtec... Bottom line is that I need to get it done right.

Yeah i must have. The hole is the size that the people at Edyne say to do though. Today I'm gonna put the B&M adjustable piece on. Hopefully that will fix everything.

k i got the fpr on and turned down the pressure to where it should be. Now the car is running like absolute garbage. It can't maintain an idle, and soulds like it's misfiring half the time. When I go to rev the car, nothing happens. WTF!!!

55 psi with the vac line pulled off the regulator. Thats what its suppost to be at according to the fsm. I did find that the FITV is messed up. Basically the internal piece came unthreaded and was doing nothing. I am working on that right now, so hopefully that will solve my problem.

Ok I fixed the fitv and got the fuel pressure right. The car fired right up, idles smoothly, and the afr is still rich, but acceptable now!

Back