stock muffler on LSvtec?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Taco15

I wear stretchy pants
ok. I posted for similar help. before. and i am still thinking about buying the magnaflow muffler.
BUT :ph34r: what if i put a stock muffler. I saw one here for sale. Its a new 2000 gsr muffler. My main goal is to be quiet. I know that with my biuld its gonna be loud no matter what. But can i use this muffler with a resonator(aftermarket) without loosing to much power? Right know i have 2.25 mandrel bent civic piping from the header to a shitty exhaust. Nothing in between. The exhaust tip comes out of the passenger side unlike the stock rex mufflers. I know it will work. I wanna here some opinions and suggestions. This is my first time messing with exhausts so i'm throwing ideas around.

like i said just throwing ideas around. So any comment will be helpful and informative

I still have my stock exhaust on my SI with a LS/VTEC and i love it. I have a comptech header going to a magnaflow hi-flow cat to my stock piping. Sure i could free up some ponies by going bigger, but its straight sleeper style right now and i love it... :wub:

Quoted post[/post]]
I still have my stock exhaust on my SI with a LS/VTEC and i love it. I have a comptech header going to a magnaflow hi-flow cat to my stock piping. Sure i could free up some ponies by going bigger, but its straight sleeper style right now and i love it... :wub:

yeah good for you for the stock piping. When i had the motor rebuilt and on the lift. I realized that i had the STOCK DX piping......well sort of :mad: . all the previous owner did was strap a super trapp exhaust at the end. The piping was so thin and old that it had holes everywhere. It looked like it had been worked on before because it was like in 20 different pieces :ph34r: . Any way heres my plan. strap one of these as my cat. I like it due to the fact that i'll need the 2 hole for hooking up the wideband for tuning. When i'm done i have the nice neat plugs to cover it up. I see others that are cheaper but maybe so is the sound and quality.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OBX-High-Fl...020289778QQrdZ1

and then at the end i'll put the gsr muffler with tip. that is how they come right :huh: ? they are the ones that have the 5 inch or so long tip sticking out
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Acura-Integ...015790469QQrdZ1

with a little modding to the muffler i think it will be alright.....or does anybody think otherwise?

why not get a type r muffler that flows even better than a gsr muffler? my friend has one on his lsvtec hatch and it sounds great and still flows. the link for the ebay muffler is for a 4 dr and doesnt have the tip on it.

Quoted post[/post]]
why not get a type r muffler that flows even better than a gsr muffler? my friend has one on his lsvtec hatch and it sounds great and still flows. the link for the ebay muffler is for a 4 dr and doesnt have the tip on it.
k thanks. i'll look and see if i can find one. I just mentioned the gsr one because its for sale here on HS. not the ebay one. So my dream setup will work though right? the stock look and close to stock sound :huh:
thanks for extrra advice. I'l look out for a type R muffler

Back