1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stock prelude muffler question

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> BA-BB /CA-CD' started by Sleepyboi925, Jan 31, 2004.

1. Sleepyboi925

Sleepyboi925 Member

I swapped a h22 into my 91 accord, i really dont like my aftermarket exhaust because its loud and it gets annoying after a while. I was wondering if i can put a 97-01 prelude stock exhaust on it and not lose air flow, will it work? thanks

2. DesertNightEagle

DesertNightEagle Senior Member

i'm not too sure about that, but if you want a nice sound but a little quiet i think greddy is the best for you. its expensive but i think its worth it. most greddy catback systems i've heard were all quieter than its competitors and i believe it has a better sound

3. haccord141

haccord141 Senior Member

i second that cuz i have a greddy exhaust system. expansive but quite. deep throaty sound also.

4. Sleepyboi925

Sleepyboi925 Member

which exhaust would u recommend from greddy? thanks

5. tab

tab Super Moderator

If you want quiet, you can use a pre-muffler, like a straight thru glasspack to slow the sound. It won't hamper performance, and it'll be much quieter.

If you want performance, upsize your whole exhaust system a bit. The small piping in our accords was not meant for an H22A, or performance. Greddy is spendy. I think I'm gonna get a ghetto stainless header off ebay, and TIG up or grind down any spots I don't like. Exhaust shop or catback system from there.

edit: my spelling didn't pass the spellcheck.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted