Stock prelude muffler question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I swapped a h22 into my 91 accord, i really dont like my aftermarket exhaust because its loud and it gets annoying after a while. I was wondering if i can put a 97-01 prelude stock exhaust on it and not lose air flow, will it work? thanks

i'm not too sure about that, but if you want a nice sound but a little quiet i think greddy is the best for you. its expensive but i think its worth it. most greddy catback systems i've heard were all quieter than its competitors and i believe it has a better sound

Originally posted by DesertNightEagle@Feb 1 2004, 12:49 PM
i'm not too sure about that, but if you want a nice sound but a little quiet i think greddy is the best for you. its expensive but i think its worth it. most greddy catback systems i've heard were all quieter than its competitors and i believe it has a better sound

i second that cuz i have a greddy exhaust system. expansive but quite. deep throaty sound also.

If you want quiet, you can use a pre-muffler, like a straight thru glasspack to slow the sound. It won't hamper performance, and it'll be much quieter.

If you want performance, upsize your whole exhaust system a bit. The small piping in our accords was not meant for an H22A, or performance. Greddy is spendy. I think I'm gonna get a ghetto stainless header off ebay, and TIG up or grind down any spots I don't like. Exhaust shop or catback system from there.

edit: my spelling didn't pass the spellcheck.

Back