stock radio question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Si_guy

hey all.... n00b here, i recently had some work done on my 93 SI. they disconnected the battery and it's asking for the radio code. It also disabled my lighter. my question is when i have the stock radio replaced is my cigarette lighter still going to be disabled? thanks

i swear there should be a FAQ for this.

Sometimes, stuff gets stuck in the borttom of the cig. lighter. Sometimes it's metal or conductive stuff. This causes what's more commonly known as a "short"
It WILL blow fuses. Chances are that your cig lighter, int. lamp(dome lamp) and radio are all on the same circuit.... or at least 2 of the 3. Don't forget to check the 7.5A brown fuse underneath the hood... it'll be the one close to the firewall labelled "backup" or something or other that makes sense^_^

....Time for more coffee......... We have a Tim Horton's and you don't. You have to be Canadian to understand.

I just did that SAME thing today in my 91 DA, as far as the code, just get the serial number off the bottom of the radio and call a Honda place and ask them they should be able to tell you the code, I called the local Acura dealer today and they told me the code, so try that. As far as the cig lighter just do what d17type-r said.

Back