stock springs

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

truoss

I put new struts and coilovers on my honda, both dropezone, and I am not liking the ride. It handles great around the corners, but I don't want to feel every peble I go over anymore! But, the problem I have is my stock springs didn't feel much better. Are there some type of stock-replacement springs I can buy that will turn my civic into a luxery car? Not exactly, but...give me a soft ride? Thanks!

The problem was most likely shot struts on your old setup, not the springs. Sooo, use your new struts and old springs and you should be fine.

Originally posted by cws13@Dec 7 2003, 01:14 PM
The problem was most likely shot struts on your old setup, not the springs.  Sooo, use your new struts and old springs and you should be fine.

yea that would probably work. i forgot to mention though that if your struts and coilovers are new, they need a few thousand miles to break in and get soft. when my sportlines were new, it felt like i had no suspension. after about 3 months they felt real good.

Back