stolen engine?????

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

uhh45

A friend of mine bought an engine and tranny from another state and he was pulled over by cali cops and they impounded the car, as it turns out the shit was stolen. Cops haven't told him anything other than that. Anyone had this happen or know of someone? what do they do about this? want's to know how to get his car back. I'm not sure and don't know anything about it but i figured someone here would know. Any suggestions for him?

Find out what towing yard it is in, go there, and ask what is going on with the car. He can do nothing about the stolen motor, does he have papers or anything>? If he doesn't then yeah the money is down the tube.

all cops do if he knew the mottor was stolen!
And if he did he desirves what ever he gets !

if he has papers for it he should be ok
if not hes probly assed out on the cash
if he knew he was buying stolen shit i hope he gets ass raped in jail

for future reference .... buy from reputable places

usually, they imopund the car, return the motor to its orig owner, then crush the car.

you better find some reciept or something saying he bought it...

that is some serious ownage! :blink:

i have no pity for anyone who sells/buys stolen shit cause my cousin's B20 w/turbo was stolen out of his hatch about a month ago. actually, the whole car was stolen, but they recovered it (sans engine and everything else that matterd)

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jul 8 2003, 09:15 PM
usually, they imopund the car, return the motor to its orig owner, then crush the car.

where did you hear that? I never have heard of anyone crushing cars that are good.

They usually charge with stolen property, send the car to insurance or sell it at an auction going as a salvaged title needing inspection from the state befor it can be bought. When we got cars in that were jacked(like my car) we had to get the title, have state inspect it before it could be sold, and then we wrote a new title, registration and changed the shit from salavaged to rebuild.

THank god the owner on my car came in and just signed it over to us for cash because the bill was like 1800+.

hmm, where in cali did he get it from? what kind of motor? mine was stolen :angry:

Originally posted by Slammed89Integra+Jul 9 2003, 01:58 AM-->
pissedoffsol
@Jul 8 2003, 09:15 PM

where did you hear that? I never have heard of anyone crushing cars that are good.

They usually charge with stolen property, send the car to insurance or sell it at an auction going as a salvaged title needing inspection from the state befor it can be bought. When we got cars in that were jacked(like my car) we had to get the title, have state inspect it before it could be sold, and then we wrote a new title, registration and changed the shit from salavaged to rebuild.

THank god the owner on my car came in and just signed it over to us for cash because the bill was like 1800+.

thats what i heard from the HIN event from cars with stolen parts....

:eek: damn, they take your car?

That would suck if you thought u bought a good engine, then it come up stolen and they take your car!

I didnt know it was that serius i thought they would take the engine back and go after the guy that sold it. Not keep your car!

In the netherlands they don't check the engine number.
The engine number isn't on the cars registration.
So you can drive with a stolen engine.
But you can hardly find a engine here.
A engine here goes for 3000 usd a b16a2

Back