stolen radio....plans for new one!!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

-94-AccordH22

my stereo was stolen and it sucks. now i know how people feel when they wake up and go for a ride and notice there dash is ripped in pieces :angry:. i had a blaupunkt miami in there (the original german not the crappy us remake.) 2 infinity kappa 12s and my hifonics amp. all gone. but they left my kicker speakers i guess i can build around that.
but here are my new plans. i want to get just something that will last, im not gunna spend a fortune on somethin that could posibly get stolen again ha. but i wanna keep my front kicker componets and loose the back ones in place with some 6 1/2 subs or low range since im not gunna buy big subs anymore. and i wanna put my new deck in the glove box.

the question i had was is there some clean design that someone has used to build the deck into there glove box, because i dont want it jut laying around with wires everywhere. would could i do to where i open it and it looks factory built into the glove box.

thanks (sorry for the length)

get some plastic sheet that is the same color and texture and use a heat gun to carefully shape it
not too hard to do honestly

another option would be to do some fiberglass work

theres lots of options you are really only held back by how immaginative you are

also for the 6.5s in the back
kicker makes a pretty good 6.5 woofer
build a sealed enclosure under each one out of fiberglass

eclipse decks are theft resistant...you need a certain cd to make it work everytime the power is cut from it. It also comes with a sticker...my friends car was broken into three different times, he put that sticker on and it was never again busted into...could be coincidence though.

first off thanks i think ill go with the kicker subs just to keep it the same as the fronts. and eclipse decks are wicked expensive i dont even wanna think about making a withdrawl for those things.
but how hard is fiberglass to work with. do u mean the resin u have to form and shit. i might just go with the plastic. but where would i find sheets of plastic and everytime ive stuck heat to plastic white puddles form and shit so uhhh iono i guess let me ask what would be a "better" material out of the two to use and ill let my creativity go from there.

and why would i want to put a cd in EVERY time just to play some music. :huh:

o and what are the kickers called (model)

thanks

Originally posted by -94-AccordH22@Aug 19 2005, 12:56 AM
first off thanks i think ill go with the kicker subs just to keep it the same as the fronts. and eclipse decks are wicked expensive i dont even wanna think about making a withdrawl for those things.
but how hard is fiberglass to work with. do u mean the resin u have to form and shit. i might just go with the plastic. but where would i find sheets of plastic and everytime ive stuck heat to plastic white puddles form and shit so uhhh iono i guess let me ask what would be a "better" material out of the two to use and ill let my creativity go from there.

and why would i want to put a cd in EVERY time just to play some music. :huh:

o and what are the kickers called (model)

thanks
[post=542259]Quoted post[/post]​

They are probably the Kicker Competitions. Sorry to hear about your car getting broken into I can definitely relate.

the plastic you would want to use is black abs plastic, it is very hard to melt into a puddle and it looks like the texture of almost every car out there. as far as gettin an eclipse deck whoopdi do that you need a cd to get it to work once it has been disconnected, what is to say the thief won't be a dick and just steal it to steal it and all your left with is the cd that you use to unlock it. fiberglass really isn't that hard to work with it is more of gettin the right mixture of hardener and resin so it dries properly. as far as building enclosures for the subs get a set of kicker comps those can be used as freeair subs and we have done two cars in the past month with a setup like that and it is louder than my setup in my car. :ph34r: if ya need any advice with molding the plastic shoot me a pm that is what i do all day is make custom mounts for cars out of abs.

You don't have to put a cd EVERY time you want to listen to music on an Eclipse deck. Only if the constant power wire is cut/disconnected. Like if it's stolen...

Originally posted by scottp11@Aug 24 2005, 09:19 PM
You don't have to put a cd EVERY time you want to listen to music on an Eclipse deck. Only if the constant power wire is cut/disconnected. Like if it's stolen...
[post=544877]Quoted post[/post]​

yes i know that but if the deck gets stolen what does that leave you with??????? the cd for the code

What are they left with? A dead deck.
It discourages theft.

Originally posted by TommyTheCat@Aug 26 2005, 11:12 PM
What are they left with? A dead deck.
It discourages theft.
[post=545879]Quoted post[/post]​

ok they have the dead deck and you have nothin. that was my point no deck is gonna deter a thief if they want to do it to be a dick.

or if they dont know that the deck wont work without the magical CD
nothing is going to stop the asshole from stealing the radio
all that CD does is keeps him from selling it or using it

so you no longer have a radio
he has a POS that wont work so he throws it out

it cost you a few hundred dollars
it cost the theif less than 2 minutes of his time while he was stealing the rest of your shit

Back