Stolen? Research Motor VIN?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

DorseyR

Hey all, have an important question but not sure how to go about it... Shop sellin me a OBDII GSR complete stock motor with install fer $2500 this upcomin week and b/c its a tad sketchy just wanted to know how I would go about finding out if the motor is stolen? My friend said I can call LAPD and they have a database of stolen VIN's that I can check with them? The motor being dropped off @ the shop this week an before I fuck myself I want to make sure that its clean, so I will be calling the shop to give me the VIN... good idea? Any chance that it might not even have a VIN & what would be my move then? That wouldn't be such a good idea yea?

if it is a professional shop then they should give you receipts with the swap which have the numbers off the engine---- if you get pulled over or whatever for just have the recepits in your glove box--- then that shop will get inspected instead of you-------------------------------------

Back