Storm Cars.....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tedwright

Anyone know what it means when someone says "storm car??" What is damaged usually?

Thanks in advance

depends...

if it was flooded, it might have been a car you see on tv floating down a river. internals flodded with water = rust.

hail = body work

tree fell on car = body work.

it really depends what happened

thanks

btw i was wondering because there is a bad ass 1998 jag xj8 with decent miles, runs drives new. pic looks perfect, only 8k. dont know if it has a clean title though.

Have the title checked, make sure it's CLEAR, not salvaged, not rebuild.

Then look at the surface of the hood, and the roof, and the truck. Dimples are usually caused by hail. No biggie, jsut looks like doordings ALL over the car.

Originally posted by SiR Kid@Jul 11 2003, 01:08 AM
Have the title checked, make sure it's CLEAR, not salvaged, not rebuild.

Then look at the surface of the hood, and the roof, and the truck. Dimples are usually caused by hail. No biggie, jsut looks like doordings ALL over the car.

if your insurance company will insure it then who cares as long as you get the car for cheap! hehehehe

btw my friend had a fully loaded 95 Jeep Grand Cherokee they sold it a few years ago for 2500 bucks with under 100K becuase it had a rebuilt title "tree fell on it"
their friend bought it "wish I did" and when he had the title changed to his name the rebuilt title went away... hmmmm lucky bastard anyways with the trans failing he sold it a few months ago for 7K

I say if you like it buy it! you might get lucky

Jeff

Back