Story research...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

GoJoe

I am writing a car chase project in which an already solid driver becomes exceptional by closely observing the man he's chasing and picking up on his techniques. In the current draft, the technique that takes our hero to the next level is left-foot braking. Perhaps this is too common a technique to illustrate the difference between a solid and exceptional driver? I'm looking for potential alternatives. Little-known, perhaps even outdated techniques or driving philosophies that could be gleaned simply through repeated observation. Any advice or suggestions anybody out there might be able to offer would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks for your time,

GoJoe

I think the primary advantage to it is to keep the engine under load in higher speed corners where some braking is needed. I think it's more important for turbo engines, to avoid dropping out of boost and maintain power. Obviously the brakes would wear faster. It would also eliminate the delay of resuming throttle after braking.

That is only a part of it, I'm sure, and more experienced drivers would be able to tell you more. Unfortunately I'm somewhat of an armchair enthusiast, as I've never had the resources to own and really drive a performance car.

Back