Str Intake Manifold

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SolPWR

I was looking at this intake manifold and I was reading the description and it said something like "only good for turbo engines" Why is this and would this work on a NA engine just as well or do you need a turbo?

but to answer your question///

"the length of the runner has a strong effect on the ammount of air that actually gets into the chamber during the intake valve cycle when the engine is not in boost. . . . Here, it is suffuicient to say that higher speed engines tend toward shorter intake runners. Low-speed and mid-range torque generally shows gains from longer runners. Turbo applications best results with long runners, which provide a braod flat torque curve at low speeds, while the turbo keeps the top end strong."
-corky Bell, p77-78

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jun 15 2003, 02:03 PM
str sucks. period.. worst company ever.... well, that actually makes "performance parts"

I guess that's why there's an STR fuel rail on my CRX... I know I wouldn't buy one on my own, that's for sure.

u should just buy a skunk2 im...they are one of the best brands and for some reason, they are one of the cheapest as well....
B, i actually heard that str was a pretty decent brand. i dont run any of their parts, but i heard they are pretty good as far as quality and performance goes. i still say go with the skunk2 manifold though.

Granted this has nothing to do with Intake manifolds, but I have STR cam gears which I haven't put on because well, I don't have cams yet.

From looking at them they seem to be a good product.....beefy as hell. But hell what do I know.:shrug2:
s3ef008062bf2e.jpg

Sorry for the hijack!

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jun 18 2003, 01:56 AM
3 bolt designs are known to slip. that's why aem gears suck too.

Supposedly the second gen AEM gears don't slip because they've added a flange/washer under the bolt head. My engine uses Skunk2 gears though... I still doubt AEM's quality on just about everything but their intakes.

Originally posted by Calesta@Jun 18 2003, 03:34 AM
I still doubt AEM's quality on just about everything but their intakes.

:withstupid:
and i even said "fuck them" on the intake too :)

just wanted to add in some info on cam gears slipping. IMHO the best thing to do wth cam gears, if you are worried, then go with any camgear that cannot be adjusted past 5 degrees =/-. Toda, Jun, and I believe Spoon can't be adjusted more than 5 degrees and if they do slip, chances are your valves won't make contact with your bottom rotating parts.

Milan

ya but the problem is that no one has a skunk2 manifold for a D16z6. I have a chance to get this intake for cheap but i am not going to run a turbo so would this help at all on a NA engine. I can get a new STR intake for like $300 and the retail is like $720 so its a hella deal but i dont want it if it wont work

oh ya i forgot i also bought an adj unothodox racing cam gear for like $50 as this a good deal? I bought a new head and the guy threw in the gear for $50 i was just wondering if this was a good gear since this thread was hijacked and switched to gears so ill take it back :D

It may be out, if not it will be out soon (the Skunk2 D series mani)

if you have 300 bucks to blow, don't spend it on a part thats not going to make much of a difference... save 100 more and pick up a 50 shot jucier :)

Back