Strange start/stall on 90 rex

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BlackFrog

Neighborhood Lush
VIP
90 CRX Si

Its done this to me on two seperate occasions now.

Get in, it fires right up. after about 10 seconds usually, sometimes a little longer, i lose fuel and it dies. It'll fire right back again after about 10 seconds of waiting, but then it just dies.

Ofcourse, the most recent time it did this, it lasted for 3 days, now its been running fine again.

Im definitely losing fuel, had a gauge on it, doesnt lose spark. I went to put a test light at the connector for fuel pump to see if it was the pump cutting out or its was losing the signal, and ofcourse the car wouldnt die then, and has been running fine for the past 3 days now.

Anyone have any ideas as to what is causing my little intermittent fuel lose? Its not the main relay, i replaced that at the beginning of the summer. Its not the secondary fuse for when the car switches from battery power to alternator power. Im stumped. Every time i go to put a test light at a connector, the damn thing runs fine again, but all the connections are good. Its like right when i get close to figuring it out, the damn car says "Fuck You" and decides to work.

Anyone else have something similar happen? Im thinking either its bad windings in the fuel pump, or possibly the computer...

-Chris

Back