Stroked b16b

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

97CTR

I have a b16b and I recently bought a gsr crank and some eagle rods to stroke the motor out to a 1.8. My question is .... will this be reliable? I think that it should be becuase the CTR block is the same as the ITR. I plan on honing the clyinders while I have the engine out, replacing the rings. Maybe go with overbore CTR pistons. Anybody done this before? Any misc. parts I will need?

why didn't you just buy a GSR short block? or even an ITR one? I mean I know that the B16b is a destroked ITR motor but you wouldn't have to get all the necessary parts to go along with alternating the bottomend, if you plan on going with sleeves, and revving her very high then it might have beena good idea, just curious on your input?

probably because just buying the parts is going to be cheaper than buying a complete ITR block
yes, your motor will be reliable
only overbore if you need to, a rehone might do just fine and stay std bore.
with ctr pistons with that crank you will be around 12:1 CR

I was going for an ITR but I imported the CTR swap myself and got a smoking deal on it. 2600. I figure that with a few hundred dollars I will have a better setup than the ITR, higher compression pistons, a better flowing head, and better cams.

in that case, I would keep your stock pistons from the CTR shorty, crank, crower rods, and your good to go. Make sure you replace all gaskets, timing belt, seals, bearings when ripped her apart, inspect the timing belt and replace if needed, always a good idea.

Back