stroker kits

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

It's a good idea for a specific kind of power curve.... if you know anything about how stroke geometry makes an engine behave, you can tailor your engine build to suit the types of power curves you want to make. A B16 crank in a B18 block is basically the same as the B16B from the factory, and is capable of some very high revs. It's good for high revving power, but not much torque down low... which is perfect for a light car with short gearing on a road course.

ohh alright...i learn something new every day......how would i order custom rods and pistons for this set up.....do i need to know length....just wondering

duh....
let me restate the q.....

would a company know the legths im looking for or do i need to find out for my self.....and if so....how?

thanks....

You should find out on your own. :)

Get:

deck height
desired compression height
desired piston to deck clearance
stroke

You can figure out the rod length from there.

:p

Rod length (center to center) = [deck height] - [stroke/2] - [compression height] - [piston to deck clearance]

There you go.

Originally posted by formby@Feb 4 2005, 12:30 PM
Oversquare--An engine with a bore longer than its stroke. Most postwar motors have an oversquare design. Oversquare engines can rev higher, but at the expense of low-end torque. An oversquare engine will typically produce more horsepower and less torque than an undersquare one.

i think its the def of a b16.....more of a road corse engine.....right or wrong...?

trying to learn something here
[post=456397]Quoted post[/post]​

so what is a good set up for torque then? i am shooting for more bottom end torque.

..the cheapest route for b-series torque is an lsv(turbo or 12.0:1 CR) with a gsr tranny....for a good street set up and saving cash use pr3 pistons

Originally posted by breakdancingbob@Feb 5 2005, 06:33 AM
so what is a good set up for torque then? i am shooting for more bottom end torque.
[post=456803]Quoted post[/post]​

More compression, more displacement, more stroke.

Originally posted by formby@Feb 5 2005, 07:36 PM
..the cheapest route for b-series torque is an lsv(turbo or 12.0:1 CR) with a gsr tranny....for a good street set up and saving cash use pr3 pistons
[post=456896]Quoted post[/post]​

What...

Did you not learn from the first lashing you got??

How about you stop being "ask Jeevs", shut your pie hole and listen and read what the people who have done this have to say.

I have kept my mouth shut about your ignorance, but I'm getting sick and tired of you trying, and I STRESS the word TRYING, to be the answer wizard.

Face it, no one likes a "know-it-all" and you're not as smart as you think you are.

:angry:

Originally posted by pissedoffsol+Jan 26 2005, 08:19 PM-->
@Jan 26 2005, 11:30 AM
just buy an ls block.....it will save you $$$
[post=451631]Quoted post[/post]​

word. stroker kits are a waste of cash, fuck up the oem geometry, and really don't give you that much more power.
[post=451847]Quoted post[/post]​

this is what im talking about cocksucker....he wants torque for his b16...so he wanted to buy a srtroker kit.....i said buy an ls block to save$$$$.........
so he can either het low CR pistons for a turbo or high CR pistons for all motor..in the lsv... what are you trying to prove....and about the tranny...i happen to like gsr trannies over Si trannies anyday.....do you understand bitch!!!!!!! cocksucker

i dont understand your stupid comments and your inmature look at things........i think i answered his question very well.......youre a sorry excuse for a living abortion!!!! :D

Originally posted by Calesta+Feb 5 2005, 11:15 PM-->
breakdancingbob
@Feb 5 2005, 06:33 AM
[post=456803]Quoted post[/post]​

More compression, more displacement, more stroke.
[post=456952]Quoted post[/post]​

i think this is the same thing i wrote...just in a set up kind of way....youre a real ass AllMotorMonster....BITCH.......

You're a fucking tool Formbitch....

You try to be the big man, cutting down my oversquare engine, however the real fact is you don't know shit about honda engines, and Calesta had to walk your baby ass through it for you to understand.

That's right, I am an asshole, but I'll never "LIE" or tell "HALFTRUTHS" about GOOD engine building. Take it for what you will, I've been here longer than you, and I'll be here longer than you.

While you were still sucking on momas tit, I was racing cars and bikes.

I'm a living abortion huh? Your Dad shoulda suck it in your moms ASS instead of in that sorry excuse of a pussy that puked you out.

Go home little boy, before you get hurt.

School is NOW in session.

BTW

inmature is spelled I-M-M-A-T-U-R-E
gurdle is spelled G-I-R-D-L-E
legths is spelled L-E-N-G-T-H-S

Originally posted by formby@Feb 4 2005, 12:30 PM
Oversquare--An engine with a bore longer than its stroke. Most postwar motors have an oversquare design. Oversquare engines can rev higher, but at the expense of low-end torque. An oversquare engine will typically produce more horsepower and less torque than an undersquare one.

i think its the def of a b16.....more of a road corse engine.....right or wrong...?

trying to learn something here
[post=456397]Quoted post[/post]​

i think i do act like a know it all........right

Originally posted by AllMotorMonster@Feb 6 2005, 08:43 PM
You're a fucking tool Formbitch....

You try to be the big man, cutting down my oversquare engine, however the real fact is you don't know shit about honda engines, and Calesta had to walk your baby ass through it for you to understand.

That's right, I am an asshole, but I'll never "LIE" or tell "HALFTRUTHS" about GOOD engine building. Take it for what you will, I've been here longer than you, and I'll be here longer than you.

While you were still sucking on momas tit, I was racing cars and bikes.

I'm a living abortion huh? Your Dad shoulda suck it in your moms ASS instead of in that sorry excuse of a pussy that puked you out.

Go home little boy, before you get hurt.

School is NOW in session.
[post=457227]Quoted post[/post]​

in all this you have nothing to say about the question in hand and how i am so wrong....i happened to think that your idea was great for a rev monster not a torque motor....it hurts cuz i'm right........yeah let me tell you something the only know it all wanna be is you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!hahahahahahahahahahaha

It's guys like you that made my decision to sell my Honda and buy a real car.

When you grow up and want to actually learn something, come talk to me.

And anytime you want to have an engine buildup, I'll go toe to toe with my oversquare engine against your LSVTEC engine anyday.

i never said that your idea was stupid....get off it....i actually was interested in the motor but you had to confuse the fact the the question was about torque not reving to 11.5k........... you should read.....the WHOLE post................. :chair: :oops: :nobreed: :buyanm: :gunfight: :argue: :sniper: :clapping: :censored: :thankyousigna2: :stretcher:

Ok guys- stop fighting. You should have been watching the game, and if not the game, then the commercials- and if not the commercials, Paul McCartney being a badass.

formby- AJ knows way more than you do. Trust me.

AJ- stop beating the n00b. I know it's hard to resist, but be cool. :)

Everyone behave or I'll have to make this thread :locked:

Back