Strut Bars

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

nealo

What are the best strut bars for the price in your opinion? Im looking for some for my Eg hatch.

For the front, hands down the Neuspeed strut tower brace. Go to thornactive and you can get one for $100 shipped (on honda-tech there is a code to get 5% off)

Rear, I have the Skunk2 and I like it

Originally posted by asmallsol@May 31 2003, 12:17 PM
For the front, hands down the Neuspeed strut tower brace.

:werd: ive got one ;) its even better than alot of more expensive bars.

i have a 25 dollar rice bar up front and a diy in the rear that cost me 10 bucks to make. they work as well as any i have ever had.

Good Question!
Is there really a difference between them besides the brand name written on them?
They all apear to do the same thing to me. But i wouldnt know because i havent got one yet.

i too have the neuspeed front strut bar, and it seems good.

now i thought it was best to have a strut bar without a hinge. doesnt the skunk rear strut bar have 2 hinges?

are there any good non-hinge rear strut bars?

I know that their a few bars that ancor in a triangle pattern where the 2 mounting points are in the treditional spot but the last one is attached to the bottom of the truck (pretty sure that this set up would not work will all hondas) However, I am almost postive that this style is illegal in autoX. You can not have any vertical supported strut bars.

Originally posted by eyesonlybob@May 31 2003, 10:57 PM
i too have the neuspeed front strut bar, and it seems good.

now i thought it was best to have a strut bar without a hinge. doesnt the skunk rear strut bar have 2 hinges?

are there any good non-hinge rear strut bars?

mugen's rear upper strut bar is a solid piece...and about $300. spoon's is also a solid piece..and about $250 i think. they are the only ones ive seen that doesnt have hinges/adjustable brackets at the ends.

i wouldnt worry too much about having brackets as long as they are sturdy. the main thing is the bendability of the bar itself. mugen and spoon use square tubing, which has to be the most rigid design ive seen, but any soild aluminum bar should do as long as the adjustable mounting brackets are designed to be sturdy and strong.

my personal experience, all bars do the same thing, unless you get a REALLY, REALLY crappy strut brace resembling a toothpick, you should be fine. The Mugen, benen, spoon and skunk LOOK really nice though...

The OEM ITR one is good, I would take the rear over the back. However the TYPE R one blows (as in not honda)

that doesnt make sense "take the rear over the back" huh??? and you say it was good but it blows?? what do you mean becuase its not honda??

Originally posted by asmallsol@Jun 1 2003, 12:21 PM
The OEM ITR one is good, I would take the rear over the back. However the TYPE R one blows (as in not honda)

he means the OEM Integra Type R one is good, but there is a company called TYPE R which is not honda and that one is NOT good

Back