Strut Problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I just got my car lowered by a shop yesterday (Ground-Control and KYB GR-2). Riding home there was this noise sounding like a washer jingling up and down on metal. The car also seemed to bottom out at my drivers side rear wheel. I took it home and looked in the trunk. The strut is sticking about 6 inches up out of the body of the car! Is there anything I can do at home (w/o access to a spring compressor and all those goodies) because I really dont want to drive 45 minutes away with the strut like that, but I will if I have to. How can I get this strut to sit in its home?

Ugh I think its the washer that needs to be put on under the body of the car. How do you forget something that simple? Anyway do you suggest I not drive the car the 45 minutes because of this protruding strut or is it safe enough?

How far did you drop the ground controls? like are they to the bottom of the collars? because if so, you have chances of breaking the strut I believe. If they are just mild dropped (no more then 3inches) then you shouldn't have any damage, just don't drive far, turn really hard, hit big ass pot holes etc. Try to get it fixed as fast as possible.

It's lowered probably 1.5 inches right now. Ill make the trip out there tomorrow where he will look at it. I just hope the strut isnt broken then I'm golden (well he should be able to fix it).

they forgot the dust cap washer, haha so simple, but i did that before.its the washer after the bump stop.

Back