Strut tower bars...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ChrisSiR

I got ahold of some pretty decent strut tower bars at a bargain price.. but i have a problem... the front bar wont clear the "dashpot diaphram" and check valve....

what should i do to make the bar fit? also, the bracket for the bar is keeping me from mounting the fuse box back to where its supposed to go.... any insight?

YOu didn't get the right year mang. My brother made this mistake also. From 92-2000 they work, but 88-91 has the crazy fuse box cover.

I'll be pulling the whole set off my CRX and selling them all at once- but I'm not 100% sure the front upper bar will clear a B16. I should have upper front, lower rear, upper rear available- maybe front lower too.

Originally posted by Slammed89Integra@Dec 16 2003, 10:52 PM
YOu didn't get the right year mang. My brother made this mistake also. From 92-2000 they work, but 88-91 has the crazy fuse box cover.

It says its for the 88-89(crx)... its a slim fit next to the fuse box, i bet i could trim it a bit to make it fit.....

Now, can i take this diaphram off? without screwing anything up? i think thats all thats keeping it from working... theres no vacc lines hooked up to it, so it is not in use.... the hell is it for anyways? :blink:

I know the back will work with a bit of trimming of the interior cover....

Well, i got it figured out useing the 88 crx (not the sir) strut tower bars.... so heres the info for everyone.... when i get the whole thing done, i'll take pictures to show you how i did it..... This is for the b16a in an 88 Dx

You'll need to drill (or use self tapping screw's) two new holes for the fuse box roughly 1/2 an inch from the originals (twards the fender)...

Also, you will need to remove the Dashpot Diaphram (2 screw's) and remove the rod from the throttle linkage...

Heres the tricky part, and most will need to have a friend help... take the Dashpot Check valve and remove it from the intake manifold... have a friend (or if you have the toolz) cut the check valve off from the adapter (so to speak) and create a block off plate.... you can do this by basically filling the gap (or hole) with an alum welder... check to make sure its completely sealed (otherwise you will have problems) and install the "block off plate"... and you should have plenty of clearance to install your new strut tower bar....

Back