stupid AC

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Periculum

so heres the deal: I just got the AC fixed a few months back with the help of a professional mechanic, had to rewire to the fan because they were melted together and grounding out, once the problem was fixed, the AC ran perfect for about two months. Now the fan will not move. I have jumped the fan and it works just fine, i have jumped the AC clutch and it works fine, I have checked all the connections I can and they are good, I cannot get the AC to turn the fan on, or its clutch. I also tested each relay with a fresh one to see if that changed anything and I have checked all the fuses. whats left?

the a/c clutch will not engage unless the system is pressurized, you sure you don't have a leak somewhere? have you checked the pressure?

shouldnt have a leak, no indication of that a few weeks ago when he filled it up. dont have the ability to check the pressure right now either.

you can pull the cap and press on the valve and see if it goes pssshhhhtttt...
but if you're confident that its fully charged then its got to be electrical

what year and model caR?

91 rex HF it has always made that noise at the valve even when it had little charge in it.seems electrical in nature to me because it went from working one day, to not working the next. its performance didnt change at all from beginning to end either.

If you have a leak, and the pressure isn't where it needs to be, there are pressure switches in the system that see that and keep the clutch from engaging.
Check pressure and go from there.
Oh yeah, if you depress your schrader valve and refrigerant comes out-that doesn't mean shit. It just means that you have SOME refrigerant in there. It doesn't have to be empty to keep the clutch from engaging.

My mechanic friend said he would look at it, ive also received the ideas that it may be the actual AC button in the car, or a relay. Very possible its the fan relay since the fan burned out a while ago.....

Back