Stupid Computers

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BodyDroppedNikes

...PENDEJO....
VIP
Monday my pc decided to take a massive crap on me :angry: . I tried to fix the damn thing after formatting but got hella frustrated with it so I decided to buy a new tower. Tuesday I go to Best Buy and found a decent little eMachine pc as an Open Box Buy for $359..talked em down to $299 for it :D . The guy in the computer dept said it had WinXP on it. Took it home, powered it up...said Operating System Not Found :angry: . Wednesday I took it back and was gonna get my money back and the guy was able to find the disks that went with it so he put WinXP on there for me for free and gave me the number for eMachines to call and get the back-up disks for it (open box buy=no disks). Anyways, it was $300 I didnt wanna spend but I got a decent lil machine thats twice as fast as my old one. Here's the specs below (not the fastest but it works):

-1.80 Ghz Intel Celeron processor
-40Gb hd
-6 USB ports
-56k fax/modem
-128mb DDR ram
-3D AGP grafics card
-WinXP Home Edition
-48x cd-rom

I got a DVD player Ima put in place of the OEM cd-rom and I also have a cd burner from my last machine thats going in it soon and hopefully a 256mb stick of DDR ram for it. All in all I am satisified with the machine so far...and for $300 I got a pc thats twice as fast as my old one was :D

doesnt sound like that bad of a deal. did you ever think of building one of them yourself?

Originally posted by PROFILES2000@May 15 2003, 12:01 PM
doesnt sound like that bad of a deal. did you ever think of building one of them yourself?

That's a lot cheaper than most people can build a working box for these days, even with those specs... and since it's already done- you save yourself the trouble.

Originally posted by TrailorParkPimp@May 15 2003, 04:39 PM
i built my last machine about 2 years ago. i dunno what to do with it. should i sell it, keep or part it out??

2 years ago is a long time in the computer world. Go price out what your components are worth today new on Pricewatch, then decide if you want to sell the whole thing as a working system (best idea for most cash, although not too much) or gut it for parts. I don't know what you built it with- if you used the top of the line components 2 years ago, you might have something you can pull apart and sell piece by piece on the computer tech forums.

heres the specs on old pc...please dont laugh:

-850mHz AMD Duron processor
-900mHz processor capable mother board
-2 SDRAM slots and 2 DDR RAM slots
-256mb SDRAM
-2 USB ports
-2 LAN cards (one built onto motherboard)
-SoundBlaster Live 5.1 sound card
-G-Force2 MX 3d video card
-56k fax modem
-300 watt power supply
-20G Maxtor hd

thats about all i can remember. hell i know it sounds slow by todays standards, but it worked great for me. like i said..i dunno how much i can get for everything, but i am sure i could get something for it. how much you reckon its worth??

You could probably post it up for $200, and get at least $150 for it after haggling. That's still a decent enough system to run office applications and your basic operating system. Hell- the system I built for my girlfriend out of spare parts is:

Duron @ 1008 MHz
128MB SDRAM @ 149 MHz
13.2 GB 7200rpm IBM HD
Asus 48x CD-ROM
Plextor 8/4/32 CD-RW
3dfx Voodoo3 3000
Ensoniq AudioPCI (SB16) sound card
USR 56k modem
SMC 10/100 LAN card
Cheapo mid tower ATX case w/ 250W power supply

Your system's faster than that- you could probably actually start the pricing at $300 even.

:lol:

lol thanks...thatw aht i thought i could get for it which is $300. oh the tower has 3 cd-rom slots and 2 5.25" slots...forgot to add that, but i guess it dont make a shit..lol

Back