stupid question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

94_gs-r

can you say 260 whp N/A??
i already know the answere to this but im double checking
rod and main bearings.
ls crank ls rods in a gsr block
im going to use ls bearings correct

yea those are good too. but he still has to use the ls ones on the rods unless he gets them retanged

ok.. to keep it simple.. the ls one will work for a kit correct main and rod bearings or do they have to be gsr ls

i have about 3 hours to find out... there a set of king rod and main bearings for an ls, since im using ls rods and crank they will work correct... hes givin them to me for 30 bucks and there still im packaging

also comes with thrust washers.
i was also told not to buy any factory replacements because the ons already on it may we weighted, is this true or will a used ls block with crank and rods in it be factory set?

there oem specs by king.
basically why i asked is because someone was telling me about the weights and i didnt know about it
so i want to stick around .0015?

hmm. so if they are in green spec there is a pretty good chance they will all be correct.. and a slight chance they will not

werd you have to look at the codes on your block, crank and rods. to get the size colors. if you are yellow/green/brown on all of them you should be OK with generic ones. i personally went with the ACL's and i have no complaints.

so what i should do basically is just wait and copy all of them and just replace them with new ones that are the same..

the only thing i dont get is why would they not all be the same color... seeing as how there factory from honda and never been touched..

look. when you machine parts, there will always be a tolerance. meaning, each part, even if they are made by the same machine to the same specs will have some variance in the actual size. thats why you need many different colors (sizes) bearings to keep clearnaces consistent.

maybe your block has all green, maybe it had green, green, brown, yellow, green. maybe it has green, black, pink, blue, yellow. you never know, thats why you have to check.

so when i take it apart just match the ones that are already on there after i get everything surfaced and polished and balanced right

follow the codes on the block. match each main journal and rod journal for the colors. double check they are the same as what was in there (sometimes you cant see the old color). and then check everything a 3rd time with plastigage to make sure the clearances are right.

and whatever you do, dont mix up which colors go to which journal. its easy to mix them up and it can really mess up the clearancs if you do.

Back