stuttering acceleration after warm up

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dixey21

Hells Hatchback
Ok I have a 95 VX hatch with a 95 EX motor swap (D16Z6). It all ran fine no CEL's no noticeable issues. Two days ago a coolant line split (the heater line under the dizzy) and the car over heated a little for a few seconds. I replaced the hose and the air filer, checked the oil (it was low so I added 1.5 quarts), washed down the engine bay and filled the coolant back up. When I fired her back up she stuttered and hesitated on acceleration. I checked the TC's in the ECU and got a few. One was the O2 sensor and I had a spare so I threw that in there, reset the ECU (removing the 7.5 amp back-up fuse under the hood) and tried again. Same crap but the O2 sensor and a couple other TC's went away. The only TC that was showing up was the MAP sensor (TC 3), so I replaced that and went to bed cause the nieghbors were bitchin'. This morning I got back at it and after I cleared the ECU (using the above method) I fired her up, no CEL and she seemed to be running fine again. I took her about 5 miles down the road and when she finally warmed up the stuttering and hesitation came back. I tried to check for TC's but when I short out the diagnostic plug (under dash by the ECU) the CEL just stays on. Now I don't know what to try and I need some help
:confused:

inspect your spark plugs and wires, also are your sure the o2 sensor is the correct one?

when you say that you washed down the bay, what do you mean? did you cover all of the electrical components before you washed it down or did you just power wash it without covering anything

The O2 sensor is the right one. I checked all the plugs and wires, I have good spark all the way around. As far a washing down the engine bay, using a garden hose I cleaned off all the coolant that leaked out. I didn't cover anything.

I know this is 4 years later, but I currently have the same problem.... What ended up being your problem and how did you fix it? Thank you

Back