subaru drifitng :D

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

is it normal in autox to do 2 laps? and i would never be able to do autox, i wouldnt know where to go, at least in that one the track wasnt really clearly layed out. there was a couple times when i throught the track went one way and he went the other way, lol.

From the auto-x events I've been to, it's always one lap... but yeah- that course was laid out with too few cones.

Hey B have you played around with the center diff control yet? does that make a difference on how the car acts? I wonder if he had too much to the rear wheels.

all autoX is different. our local course sometimes repeats a section of the track, or does 2 full circles around the island, or whatever, but it has never been a full two laps. i'm sure it depends on the actual size of the lot, and the time they have, etc etc...

as for the diif-- i played with it a little on the way to work in the snow today... mostly try to get traction. lol i couldn't tell a difference.

stock is 35/65. and you can move it to from 35//65 to 50/50. thats it. so without playing with it- in stock form - is the most power to the rear wheels. unlike an evo, which is mostly FWD.

Yeah, I dont know what it is in normal subarus, but my Mom's 99 Legacy wagon handles like a dream on snow. It has to be more RW than FW, because I can kick the rear end out pretty well if I'm understeering, but am easily able to control oversteer at the same time. I :wub: subaru.

My old roommate likes to just leave it on auto most of the time- but when it's "playtime" he locks it to 35/65.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Feb 21 2005, 12:25 PM
stock is 35/65.  and you can move it to from 35//65 to 50/50.  thats it.  so without playing with it- in stock form - is the most power to the rear wheels.  unlike an evo, which is mostly FWD.
[post=464011]Quoted post[/post]​

incorrect. the evo is mostly 50/50. it can go to 100/0 just depends on steering input, lateral speed and wheel speed. all the ACD does is lock and unlock the diff at turn in (depending on which setting) and controlls its duration of being open. i think the 05 sti's have an automatic setting for the dccd now also?

The gates are cone-numbered. There was turn that was gone through 6 times. But yeah, Where are my 4 minute autocrosses ?!

-> Steve

Back