subframe support in the way

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

MikeBergy

Blah blah blah....
So, I was wondering if everyone who is running a header of some sort has to take out that little support bar that runs between the front and rear subframes along the the centerline of the car. Mine won't fit on my DA after installing a usdm type R exhaust manifold. any info pls. Thanks

ive never noticed one on my CRX :shrug2: is it a actual support bar or just to protect the oil pan when bottoming out?

It seems like a frame stiffener. Now that I think of it, if I had traction bars, I couldn't use it either. I am going to assume that it is not as important as I originally thought. it is a bar that runs longitudinally, next to the oem b-pipe, but now that I have an ITR manifold, which has 2 pipes running under the oilpan instead of the one that was originally on there, it won't fit. It has some pretty large bolts holding it on, so I don't know. its also where the tow hook location is in the front, and where I jack the car up as well.

Back