Supercharger questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SolPWR

1. How does the supercharger intercooler work? Is it like turbo?
2. Does a SC use a BOV?
3. Smaller pulley = more boost?
4. Is there a turbo timer device for a SC?

Thank you

1.yes- compressed air gets hot- PV=nRT owns all of us
2.yes- compressor bypass valve prevents the shockwave of the air hitting the closed throttle plate from affecting the SC
3.yes- yes, but only to a point- Eventually you create more and more boost but at the expense of heat and lots of it- particularly with a roots style blower (JR)
4.i dunno-

i would think you could still use the turbotimer on a supercharger. it just keeps the engine running until it cools down right???

ok I can understand that how the IC piping goes on a turbo and BOV but isnt the SC on the intake side so would it be different?

I understand that the exhaust#2 moves the compressor#3 which makes air that cools off in th IC#7 then goes to the TB#9, but when the TB closes air goes back the other way (enter BOV)#10
turbo2.jpg

But with a SC doesnt it need air to suck in? where does the piping hoom up to on a SC? where is the BOV beacuse I thought SC use a CAI type system

The Compustar alarm has a turbo timer built into it. You can run the car like it has a turbo timer even if it's NA. Turbo timers have nothing to do with the turbo being there. it's just a device with a timer that determines how long it should run the car after the key it removed for poper cooldown.

Centrifugal superchargers can use a BOV's and aftercoolers, but I don't think roots style blowers can. some correct me if im wrong

there is a thing called "aftercooler" for the jackson setup.

all said and done, you pay about 5000 for 6 psi.

just buy a fucking turbo already :)

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Mar 12 2004, 02:41 AM

just buy a fucking turbo already :)

the sol is turbo i was jsut wondering in general because Im looking into a GTP

Back