superchargere on my na?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

94_gs-r

can you say 260 whp N/A??
im building an na car. the block is built and reinforced and has 11:5 compression. im putting in a new skunk2 valvetrain and pro2 cams after the build is complete would i later be able to supercharge it? if so how much boost can it handle?

I think detonation would be a serious problem, unless you are running race gas. If you do decide to add some boost dont go with very much at all and make sure it is tuned well, because you will definetly have to pull some timing out.

you should be okay.
just get an EMS, good 92+ gas, a good tuner, and start with the low boost pulley.

if the bottom end is sleeved then you can run just about any amount of boost as long as you don't detonate. if it only has forged pistons and rods then i would stick with the low boost pulley.

my boss has a stock 3.2 TL 06 with a comptech low boost kit. the car has 11.0:1 CR

^I like a escalator man, cause it can never break down. It can only become stairs :lmao:

Mitch Hedburg FTMFW!!!

i would probably only use a 7lb pulley, i would be using a vortech system with the power cooler, block is not sleeved i have stock gsr crank and shotpeened gsr rods and forged pistons all reinforced with arp, for the install i would have intec do it in seattle and have them dyno tune it, my only worry was that 11:5:1 comp would be to high and if i were using the pro2 cam that i wouldnt be over doing it

Anyone seen the Rotrex s/c's yet? They're very small and pack a LOT of punch :)

If you're having a shop do the work, ask them how much boost it can handle. They built it after all.

You can do it. I wouldnt. If you are going to do it. Its race gas only and sleeved block....minimum. I wouldnt do it if this was my DD.

You can do it. I wouldnt. If you are going to do it. Its race gas only and sleeved block....minimum. I wouldnt do it if this was my DD.

This is good advice, is pretty fucking stupid to run boost on that high of a compression engine. But of course everyone on here wants to argue that it can happen. Yes it is possible, but seriously how long do you think that engine is going to last. Lets be realistic here the life span and reliability will drop significantly. If you want boost sell the pistons you have and get something reasonable. I would say no more then 10:1 with 7-8 psi, especially if it is going to be a daily driver. You can listhen to however the hell you want, but when your engine lasts long enough for 2 oil changes you will be the one who feels stupid!!

I also think that those cams are very aggressive for boost, especially for a daily driver. Those cams are designed for all motor setups, more so then they are for boost. If your wanting to run a decent amount of boost they really are not necessary. But then again do whatever you want.

i always thought that SCs liked HC? [not being sarcastic]

hmmm

ill do some searching today

A supercharger would like slightly higher compression vs. a turbo setup. But 11.5:1 is milking all motor potential for all its worth on a street engine. You have to decide do I want a all motor setup/or a boosted setup? They dont go together, and you need to make up your mind now since you have the engine apart!

i was only asking cause i had to wait a week to talk to my tuner. he said on an all motor setup like im doing a supercharger would be sick at 7 lbs... on the otherhand he said if i ever touch it with anything other than racegas ill ruin everything... so stickin with pro2 cams and a sick all motor build. thanks for the imput guys

Back