Suspension/ Axel Swap Problem < Help!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jagtrading

I have a 1998 honda civic ex, I just threw in a 98 acura teg GSR. after the swap I noticed that when taking off or turning at low speeds my car is making a poppin,clunking type sound that seems to be comming from the suspension or maybe even that axels. what could I do to correct this? the car was on lowering springs but
I had to change them for coilovers since the new engines weight was having the front scrap at times. please I could really use some help. thanks

I had the same thing, it tuns out my drivers side inner joint was wasted. Got a new one and it is fine.

Check all the bolts within the suspension to make sure they are tight. In all likelyhood it is a worn CV joint.....easy fix. If it does this noise when you make a tight slow turn....you have found the problem!

Originally posted by importimage@May 31 2003, 07:46 PM
...In all likelyhood it is a worn CV joint...

:werd: . i had the same problem with my old '91 hatch... never fixed it though :p .

its more than likely a cv joint but mine was doing it it turned out to be a loose nut that ended up falling off and my suspension came apart, then later the noise was a bad motor mount.

Similar prob in my ride with my first swap, then i dropped in Teg axles.....problem solved.......

Milan

I've been through 4 axels with my d15,new ones are cheap and used ones are free if you set up the core rufund right.I've been told I piss em away spinning my tires while turning but I love the dirt so I found a shop to buy my cores for $60 and at the import yard in Des Moines I get used ones for $45...gas and dinner with your part anyone?make shure you dont let anyone change your cv-boot,the labor is more than a new axel and shops routinely suggest this fix.

Back